Idaho - Page 348 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #5206
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
If I can make it I'll let you guys know. Never ran the road before, but It's about an hour from my apt to Dan's Ferry, not too far. I'm sure I'll be done by 8.

2005 White LJ= Daily Driver
1987 Black XJ= In Jeep Heaven
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #5207
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just checked the maps again. It would be a lot quicker for me to take 84 down to Grand View and fill up there instead of Dans Ferry.

2005 White LJ= Daily Driver
1987 Black XJ= In Jeep Heaven
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #5208
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
I have no idea how long it's going to take; we are planning for the whole day though. All I know about this road is that it's supposed to be really nice, but very long and remote. Don't sweat it though if you have time constraints and can't make it, I'm treating this as a scouting trip, we'll be making another run through there in near future and I'll be sure to let you know.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #5209
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You can take I84 to Simco road exit and take that to Grandview. Gas in Grandview is iffy, they open when they want to and close the same way. You can go through Mtn Home and fill at the Chevron on the Air Base Highway-or other places in town. The Pilot at I84 is usually as cheap as anywhere else in town. At Jordan Valley, you should be able to get fuel 24/7.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #5210
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Wish I could but I have to work on Sundays
Well, it looks like Sunday wasn't working to well for a lot of people so I managed to swap some things around so we can do this on Saturday, May 5th instead.

Same meeting place and time-Dan's Ferry at 10:00 AM, probably roll out by 10:10 or so.

This is only an expedition run but since it's so remote, bring extra fluids and whatever tools you might need. I have a lot of recovery gear and a winch. I have a high lift but if someone else can bring one that would be great.

Plan on lunch around 1 or 2.

If you don't have a CB radio that's no problem, just bring along a decent FRS radio.

If anyone will be meeting at the junction of 78 and Mud Flat road, be there at about 10:30. I'll be in a white 4 door Rubicon.

Again, sorry for the change, but to many people couldn't make it Sunday. Sparrows: hopefully that makes it easier for your friend now.

See ya'll Saturday morning, should be real fun.
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #5211
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Well, it looks like Sunday wasn't working to well for a lot of people so I managed to swap some things around so we can do this on Saturday, May 5th instead.

Same meeting place and time-Dan's Ferry at 10:00 AM, probably roll out by 10:10 or so.

This is only an expedition run but since it's so remote, bring extra fluids and whatever tools you might need. I have a lot of recovery gear and a winch. I have a high lift but if someone else can bring one that would be great.

If you don't have a CB radio that's no problem, just bring along a decent FRS radio.

If anyone will be meeting at the junction of 78 and Mud Flat road, be there at about 10:30. I'll be in a white 4 door Rubicon.

Again, sorry for the change, but to many people couldn't make it Sunday. Sparrows: hopefully that makes it easier for your friend now.

Haha well yes, it does make it easier for my friend....but now I can't go.
My daughter has t-ball at 10 or 11 am this Saturday (can't remember which off the top of my head.) So I guess I'm out.

Too bad cause I've been looking forward to this for a month now. Make sure you take and share lots of pics! I'll be game for the next one then. Hope you all have an awesome time. I'll have to live vicariously through your photo's and stories now.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #5212
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha well yes, it does make it easier for my friend....but now I can't go.
My daughter has t-ball at 10 or 11 am this Saturday (can't remember which off the top of my head.) So I guess I'm out.

Too bad cause I've been looking forward to this for a month now. Make sure you take and share lots of pics! I'll be game for the next one then. Hope you all have an awesome time. I'll have to live vicariously through your photo's and stories now.

Cheers
Doh!!! So sorry man, thought that would help, not hurt. Like I said, if it turns out to be as good as I hear, we will be doing it again and I'll make sure it's on a day you're available.
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #5213
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Doh!!! So sorry man, thought that would help, not hurt. Like I said, if it turns out to be as good as I hear, we will be doing it again and I'll make sure it's on a day you're available.
It was on a day I was available.
Sundays are usually the best for me for anything long like this trip. I almost always have Sundays free all day. Saturdays are hit or miss, with the afternoons usually free.

No worries though. I totally understand that the needs of the many supersede the needs of the few. If Saturday is better for the majority, then I'll just drool over the pics and hope to make the next one.

If for some reason Saturday doesn't end up working out and you change it back to Sunday, I'll be there then!

Cheers
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #5214
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67

I got landlord coming Saturday a.m. To fix my oven, and that after noon some non-jeepers are wanting to try the ridge road, when I get more details I will let everyone know
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #5215
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Not sure what calendar I was looking at, Saturday is May 4th not the 5th as written above.
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #5216
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck tomorrow guys! Make sure you take a TON of pics and share them here please
Since I can't make it, decided to wrench instead this weekend. Either way it's a Jeep type of weekend!

Cheers
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #5217
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow guys! Make sure you take a TON of pics and share them here please
Since I can't make it, decided to wrench instead this weekend. Either way it's a Jeep type of weekend!

Cheers
Now that's a great outlook to have!

I haven't posted pictures in a while, hopefully it's easier than it used to be. No matter what you'll get them, even if I have to email them to you. Not sure what the turn out is going to be now, two people I thought were coming have cancelled. What I thought was going to be 5 rigs has gone down to 2. We're excited, going no matter what.
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #5218
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67

Now that's a great outlook to have!

I haven't posted pictures in a while, hopefully it's easier than it used to be. No matter what you'll get them, even if I have to email them to you. Not sure what the turn out is going to be now, two people I thought were coming have cancelled. What I thought was going to be 5 rigs has gone down to 2. We're excited, going no matter what.
How this run go for you guys just got my jeep on the road so interested in this one
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #5219
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Owyhee Back Country Byway Report

This road is in great shape, very nice scenery, highly recommended.

Left Meridian at 9am, got back around 6pm. Approximately 300 miles and 9hrs total round trip. Could have easily done the whole thing on one tank with gas to spare.

Dan's Ferry to Jordan Valley, OR: Approx. 145 miles.

One other rig made it (thanks Chris T.) which allowed for a lot quicker pace when needed. Probably not the run you want to do with a larger group unless you want to stop somewhere and camp. We aired down to 20 psi which seemed to be perfect since the road was in really good shape.

Wildlife: Raptors everywhere, a few mountain bluebirds and some pronghorn near Grandview. We've lived in Idaho almost seven years and that's the first time we've seen the state bird that all the seasoned citizens and ladies have on their license plates.

Unfortunately, I still can't upload pictures straight from my computer to the forum for some reason. Tried 3 times unsuccessful. I've performed this action many times before on other forums, not sure why I'm having trouble here. If you would like some photos, pm with your email. That's it, had a great day!
Unread 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #5220
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds awesome!
My email is brycenatkins@gmail.com. Send me some pics and I'll post them up here for you so everyone can check them out.

Cheers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.