Idaho - Page 347 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #5191
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Dude, when are we going to hook up for some wheeling???

Cheers
I hope I'll have time soon. I haven't been out in weeks myself to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I've never heard of this place before, thanks for posting!

I want to try the Owyhee Backcountry byway soon, like probably next weekend. As soon as have a date, I'll post up.
Do you know if it's clear all the way yet?

Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #5192
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post
Do you know if it's clear all the way yet?
TW got info from Owyhee Co. that the road is open (correct me if I'm wrong Don). There are a lot of dirtbike reports coming in from north of us that the trails are clear so I'm thinking this road should be also since it's further south and most of the higher elevation is facing south. Who knows, maybe this weekend is too ambitious, still haven't cleared the date yet anyway.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #5193
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Any super cool historical sites in southern Idaho I need to see. Looking for one to two day road trips on or off road, any ideas would be great. Kids had so much fun at city of rocks, that place was really cool.
Silver City is pretty cool and I've heard Miner's Grave is a decent place but I've never been there.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #5194
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

Silver City is pretty cool and I've heard Miner's Grave is a decent place but I've never been there.
Your right silver city is very cool been their a few times its alway fun sounds like some of the guys down here are planning a trip their once the roads are open, thanks for the suggestion. Keep rocking jeeps up their. The only off roaders in know in cda is super duty peps.

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #5195
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Thinking we are going to make a trip up to craters of the moon sometime this spring yet. Any good trail rides around their

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #5196
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TW got info from Owyhee Co. that the road is open (correct me if I'm wrong Don). There are a lot of dirtbike reports coming in from north of us that the trails are clear so I'm thinking this road should be also since it's further south and most of the higher elevation is facing south. Who knows, maybe this weekend is too ambitious, still haven't cleared the date yet anyway.
Right, I might try a little bit of it Sunday if my luck is right. If you're out there you might see a stock LJ stuck in the mud .
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #5197
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post

Right, I might try a little bit of it Sunday if my luck is right. If you're out there you might see a stock LJ stuck in the mud .
If you decide to go out hit me up. I'd love to tag along! And I have a winch if ya do get stuck.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #5198
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think we need to brim extra water and coolant tomorrow... What do you think Brycen?
image-3574110535.jpg  
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #5199
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski85 View Post
I think we need to brim extra water and coolant tomorrow... What do you think Brycen?
Lol of course you show up with that haha. Yeah I should have her fixed up in the a.m. I will be adding a gallon of coolant to my trail supplies though

Part of the fun of owning a 20 year old jeep.

Had a good time today though. That was a nice drive.

Cheers
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #5200
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Any super cool historical sites in southern Idaho I need to see. Looking for one to two day road trips on or off road, any ideas would be great. Kids had so much fun at city of rocks, that place was really cool.
You could go up to Custer by Stanley, lots of back country dirt roads to take and a way cool ghost town that has been restored.( better than silver city because you can walk through the houses.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #5201
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Miner's Grave is a nice little drive. I didn't actually find the grave because of my buddies cruddy GPS, but we were very close. I'm going to head up there again this summer. It's probably nice right now.
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #5202
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Owhee Upland Byway run

I'm going to take a stab at this road on Sunday, May 4th. We'll probably be stopping at Dan's Ferry at about 10:00 am. First time for us on this road, hopefully the snow will be gone and most of the mud dry. Plan on a nice day, picnic and good scenery.
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #5203
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski85 View Post
by the way, those are some nice JK's there.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #5204
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going to take a stab at this road on Sunday, May 4th. We'll probably be stopping at Dan's Ferry at about 10:00 am. First time for us on this road, hopefully the snow will be gone and most of the mud dry. Plan on a nice day, picnic and good scenery.
I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #5205
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
Wish I could but I have to work on Sundays

My build thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.