Idaho - Page 347 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Reply
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #5191
Brainwashed2566
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oregon
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Dude, when are we going to hook up for some wheeling???

Cheers
I hope I'll have time soon. I haven't been out in weeks myself to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I've never heard of this place before, thanks for posting!

I want to try the Owyhee Backcountry byway soon, like probably next weekend. As soon as have a date, I'll post up.
Do you know if it's clear all the way yet?

__________________
2005 White LJ Mild Build = Fun Rig
1997 Green XJ Bone Stock = DD
1987 Black XJ Bone Stock = SOLD
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #5192
GrizzlyBear67
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: , Idaho
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post
Do you know if it's clear all the way yet?
TW got info from Owyhee Co. that the road is open (correct me if I'm wrong Don). There are a lot of dirtbike reports coming in from north of us that the trails are clear so I'm thinking this road should be also since it's further south and most of the higher elevation is facing south. Who knows, maybe this weekend is too ambitious, still haven't cleared the date yet anyway.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #5193
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
1984 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 3,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Any super cool historical sites in southern Idaho I need to see. Looking for one to two day road trips on or off road, any ideas would be great. Kids had so much fun at city of rocks, that place was really cool.
Silver City is pretty cool and I've heard Miner's Grave is a decent place but I've never been there.
__________________


Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #5194
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

Silver City is pretty cool and I've heard Miner's Grave is a decent place but I've never been there.
Your right silver city is very cool been their a few times its alway fun sounds like some of the guys down here are planning a trip their once the roads are open, thanks for the suggestion. Keep rocking jeeps up their. The only off roaders in know in cda is super duty peps.
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #5195
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,999
Thinking we are going to make a trip up to craters of the moon sometime this spring yet. Any good trail rides around their
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #5196
Brainwashed2566
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oregon
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
TW got info from Owyhee Co. that the road is open (correct me if I'm wrong Don). There are a lot of dirtbike reports coming in from north of us that the trails are clear so I'm thinking this road should be also since it's further south and most of the higher elevation is facing south. Who knows, maybe this weekend is too ambitious, still haven't cleared the date yet anyway.
Right, I might try a little bit of it Sunday if my luck is right. If you're out there you might see a stock LJ stuck in the mud .
__________________
2005 White LJ Mild Build = Fun Rig
1997 Green XJ Bone Stock = DD
1987 Black XJ Bone Stock = SOLD
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #5197
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post

Right, I might try a little bit of it Sunday if my luck is right. If you're out there you might see a stock LJ stuck in the mud .
If you decide to go out hit me up. I'd love to tag along! And I have a winch if ya do get stuck.

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #5198
robski85
Member
 
robski85's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho, Idaho
Posts: 337
I think we need to brim extra water and coolant tomorrow... What do you think Brycen?
image-3574110535.jpg  
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #5199
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by robski85 View Post
I think we need to brim extra water and coolant tomorrow... What do you think Brycen?
Lol of course you show up with that haha. Yeah I should have her fixed up in the a.m. I will be adding a gallon of coolant to my trail supplies though

Part of the fun of owning a 20 year old jeep.

Had a good time today though. That was a nice drive.

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #5200
sinbad85
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Any super cool historical sites in southern Idaho I need to see. Looking for one to two day road trips on or off road, any ideas would be great. Kids had so much fun at city of rocks, that place was really cool.
You could go up to Custer by Stanley, lots of back country dirt roads to take and a way cool ghost town that has been restored.( better than silver city because you can walk through the houses.
__________________
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #5201
Dogman
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 5,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Silver City is pretty cool and I've heard Miner's Grave is a decent place but I've never been there.
Miner's Grave is a nice little drive. I didn't actually find the grave because of my buddies cruddy GPS, but we were very close. I'm going to head up there again this summer. It's probably nice right now.
__________________
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #5202
GrizzlyBear67
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: , Idaho
Posts: 766
Owhee Upland Byway run

I'm going to take a stab at this road on Sunday, May 4th. We'll probably be stopping at Dan's Ferry at about 10:00 am. First time for us on this road, hopefully the snow will be gone and most of the mud dry. Plan on a nice day, picnic and good scenery.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #5203
GrizzlyBear67
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: , Idaho
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by robski85 View Post
I think we need to brim extra water and coolant tomorrow... What do you think Brycen?
by the way, those are some nice JK's there.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #5204
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I'm going to take a stab at this road on Sunday, May 4th. We'll probably be stopping at Dan's Ferry at about 10:00 am. First time for us on this road, hopefully the snow will be gone and most of the mud dry. Plan on a nice day, picnic and good scenery.
I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #5205
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

I'm so game for this! About how long will the run take. I have a friend wanting to but he has to be back in Boise by 8pm.

My phone number is 761-9886. Give me jingle if that's easier.

Cheers
Wish I could but I have to work on Sundays
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.