Idaho - Page 345 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #5161
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

A stock rig can run the mud flat road (Owyhee Back Country Byway) unless the snow on the west end is still too deep. It is just 104 miles of desolate county road. I would recommend decent HD tires for protection against the rocks in the road.
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial.../entiredoc.pdf

Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #5162
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Got good tire brand new good year dura trac haven't got stuck in it yet

if its not broke then you did not try

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #5163
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I sure don't mind waiting a little longer for that mud to dry up a bit and for it to get a little greener. I read one write up that mentions a lot of wild flowers blooming. It would be nice to time it just right to catch that.

Thanks again TW, much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I will definitely post up for this run and Silver City/Tiddie Springs. I know Sinbad is wanting to do these runs also and there are some other folks (you know who you are ) that I owe runs to from last season.
Count me in for this! Especially if we catch everything blooming. I love scenic drives like that and I'm sure the wife would love to tag along on that one. I was just out in the desert off Pleasant Valley yesterday and with all the rain we've had, everything was already greening up and blooming. I imagine that time is coming in the next couple weeks...

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #5164
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
If anyone is not doing anything tomorrow, I could use a set of hands to help me with my lift instal. I got kind of stuck on it today and an extra set of (even slightly) more experienced hands would be really awesome! I'll be getting to work on it around noon or so and working until dark. I got my rear springs hung, but am having a hard time seating my axle on them. And haven't even touched the front yet. And that's after 8 hours of work lol.

Any takers? Beers on me after!

Cheers
Did you get your lift done?

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #5165
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Did you get your lift done?

I did, thanks for asking
Tested it all out yesterday;

SYE should be here Saturday, so hopefully by Mon/Tue I'll have my new sye/cv shaft in and getting rid of the T-case drop. Oh and tires should be showing up Monday too! Woot.

I feel like the Idaho section is so quite compared to other regions/states. We need more communication. Make it feel more like a community up in here.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #5166
cochise12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67
I will definitely post up for this run and Silver City/Tiddie Springs. I know Sinbad is wanting to do these runs also and there are some other folks (you know who you are ) that I owe runs to from last season.
Can't wait!!
cochise12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #5167
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just a reminder for all of you, the Idaho X Rocks first event of the season is this Sat. Just off Track Road in Nampa-about 1/4 mile south of where Kuna road tees into Track Rd. Some serious rock crawlers to watch.
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #5168
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wow, from all the response so far, looks like we're gonna have us a couple of nice trips this season.

Sparrows: Nice looking YJ!

TW: Would you say the best part of that road is between Grandview and Jordan Creek road that heads up to Silver City from the south, or is it from Jordan Creek out to the Oregon side?
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #5169
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Just a reminder for all of you, the Idaho X Rocks first event of the season is this Sat. Just off Track Road in Nampa-about 1/4 mile south of where Kuna road tees into Track Rd. Some serious rock crawlers to watch.
You might even catch a glimpse of Dogman workin that TJ over those rocks.
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #5170
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's been ages since then but I favor the western half of the road, most especially when you head NW and get in the upper elevations. Ideally I would do it over a three day weekend. Start in Boise, hit the east end, camp somewhere west of Poison Creek. Camp again near the Oregon border. Go into Jordan Valley, refuel and take Cow Creek road into Silver City-over the summit and back to Murphy and home. If time was important, you could hit Hwy 95 at Jordan Valley and be back in Boise in 2.5 hrs.
You will not get over Silver City and NY summit before Memorial Day weekend due to snow. (They run a Cat through the big drifts the week prior to Memorial Day)
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #5171
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01
It's been ages since then but I favor the western half of the road, most especially when you head NW and get in the upper elevations. Ideally I would do it over a three day weekend. Start in Boise, hit the east end, camp somewhere west of Poison Creek. Camp again near the Oregon border. Go into Jordan Valley, refuel and take Cow Creek road into Silver City-over the summit and back to Murphy and home. If time was important, you could hit Hwy 95 at Jordan Valley and be back in Boise in 2.5 hrs.
You will not get over Silver City and NY summit before Memorial Day weekend due to snow. (They run a Cat through the big drifts the week prior to Memorial Day)
That sounds like a real nice trail ride t.w. I am looking at maps tonight and planing to do that run this early summer :-)

My build thread
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #5172
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yea, me too. Thanks for the input Don.

I'm probably going to make a day trip out of it though. I remember making all those runs down to Leslie Gulch and Succor creek and back with Whpony in one day and those were probably similar if not greater mileage. Doesn't mean we can't start out at the same time and place though.
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #5173
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

According to the Owyhee Sheriff's Office; the road is officially open as of April 10-yesterday. They could not say if you could make it all the way through or not but it is legal now.

I have heard of folks making it in one day. I would be interested in that, and later going back to camp and explore side roads and such as time permits. I would probably skip the Silver City return loop to save time for a day trip.
Leave Boise fairly early, hit Mtn Home to top off fuel and then Grandview, start the road and end in Jordan Valley, refuel if needed and return home through Marsing and Nampa.
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #5174
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
I have heard of folks making it in one day. I would be interested in that, and later going back to camp and explore side roads and such as time permits. I would probably skip the Silver City return loop to save time for a day trip.
Leave Boise fairly early, hit Mtn Home to top off fuel and then Grandview, start the road and end in Jordan Valley, refuel if needed and return home through Marsing and Nampa.
This is more what I was thinking. Probably pick up the pace a little in the areas where the road condition pemits and the scenery is bland, but slow way down where the scenery is great or the road to rough. We'd scout areas for a future overnighter.

Thanks for getting the closure status also buddy.
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #5175
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ran across a couple of old pics of my 71 CJ5.
Carnage Canyon in Oct of 2000.
carnage_canyon_oct00_18.jpg   carnage_canyon_oct00_35.jpg   carnage_canyon_oct00_55.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.