Idaho - Page 341 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #5101
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Sinbad just took me up to Jump Creek Cyn Saturday. It' a nice little hike up to the falls and then he showed me a route up to the ridge top overlooking the canyon where were we had lunch. I used low range to keep the tranny cool but it's not a hard route at all. There is one spot where a certain Jeep couldn't get over the large rut and had to back up and take the easier approach... It was a nice, stress free drive and we had a good time.
That sounds really nice. How do you get there? I'd like to check it out.

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #5102
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
That sounds really nice. How do you get there? I'd like to check it out.

Cheers
55 through Marsing, take 95 to Cemetary Rd then left on Jump Creek Cyn road. Can't miss it from there. Also, make sure to check out the Poison Creek stage stop. It's a historical building that's cool if you like that kinda stuff. It's just a few miles west on Poison Creek road where it crosses jump creek cyn.
Next time we go out I'll post up whether it's there or another trail.

I got busy with other interests for a while so I haven't been out in the Jeep much lately, looking to change that this year.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #5103
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Sinbad just took me up to Jump Creek Cyn Saturday. It' a nice little hike up to the falls and then he showed me a route up to the ridge top overlooking the canyon where were we had lunch. I used low range to keep the tranny cool but it's not a hard route at all. There is one spot where a certain Jeep couldn't get over the large rut and had to back up and take the easier approach... It was a nice, stress free drive and we had a good time.
OK about me taking the easier approach, I am on 4" smaller tires, I had my swaybars connected and oh ya I ended up taking the same line you took after all. I love how the stories grow!!!! Long live the WJ
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #5104
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Grizz, the Two Headed Dragon side is closed until April 15 for the possible eagle nesting site. There is also the closure off the right side of Carnage Canyon-the side where the Jeeps rarely go. Hopefully this is the last year for the seasonal closures for that, there has not been any sightings lately. The only other closure I am aware of is on Danskin mountain between Boise and Mtn Home. That should reopen in April typically. That closure is for mud and road damage/drainage and not the eagles. Usually is Dec 31 to April 1, but can vary due to weather.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #5105
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
OK about me taking the easier approach, I am on 4" smaller tires, I had my swaybars connected and oh ya I ended up taking the same line you took after all. I love how the stories grow!!!! Long live the WJ
Dude, I didn't say it was you, you shouldn't fess up so quick!
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #5106
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Grizz, the Two Headed Dragon side is closed until April 15 for the possible eagle nesting site.
Thanks TW, I thought it was wierd the closure sign was at one end of Lost Trail and not the other. Definitely nowhere near 2HD. Maybe a mistake?
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #5107
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks TW, I thought it was wierd the closure sign was at one end of Lost Trail and not the other. Definitely nowhere near 2HD. Maybe a mistake?
I believe that happened a few years ago too. I remember being out there and scratching my head and the signs...

And good to see you're back in the drivers seat!

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #5108
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, but just as you're getting out of the driver's seat-temporarily. Still going to save the extreme stuff for the dirt bike though. Have three years of payments left on the Rubicon and can't tear it up to soon. I'll just stick with Sinbad, he knows how to take it easy...
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #5109
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys if anyone is interested I have a brand new set of factory 4 door JK rock rails and install hardware for sale. They fit 2007 to present 4 door JK's. I'm selling them for 250. They are 350 new. If you're interested give me a call (503) 317-5518 or shoot me a pm. For those that don't know my name is Jared.
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #5110
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey Jared, long time no see. If I come across anyone who might need them, I'll send them your way. There are several types of factory rock rails, any chance you can post a picture?
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #5111
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone in the Boise area want to help me put a budget boost on the JK tomorrow?

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #5112
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post

What, you traded the X in on a Rubi for the wife? Probably old news but I just now saw that, congrats!

I'm working tomorrow and have other commitments, sorry I can't help but I recommend putting extra half inch spacers in the front and cut the bump stop extenders that go on the axle in half so you have some upward travel.
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #5113
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the congrats. Yeah no worries on the 1/2 inch extra for the front. The custom rear bumper and 35 MTR have lowered the rear so it sits pretty even.

Unread 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #5114
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
What time? I've never installed one before, but if you just need an extra set of hands I'm free tomorrow after about 1pm.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #5115
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What time? I've never installed one before, but if you just need an extra set of hands I'm free tomorrow after about 1pm.

Cheers
I will be doing it after I get off of work. Hopefully about 5 or so.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.