Idaho - Page 301 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #4501
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have gone way over budget on gas, sorry but I'm gonna have to sit this one out.

GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #4502
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho89YJ View Post
Just to clarify, the run Saturday is stock or better right? As in an older stock XJ would be just fine? If so, then we're in. Jacob's XJ is no longer stock, it's pretty much off the hook awesome now. And another friend and his son will be coming with a stock XJ. And I'll be there with the CJ.
I don't see any problem with that. A stock rig might give the driver a bit more of a challenge. Then again, I was following a Jeep that had huge meats on the last run, and where the trail was sandy... he'd slip and slide a bit where my skinny treads hung on like glue.

TJWilley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #4503
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I have gone way over budget on gas, sorry but I'm gonna have to sit this one out.
Sorry to hear that Grizz... I was kinda hoping you'd make this. It's been a might long since I've seen you out on the trails.
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #4504
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJWilley View Post
Sorry to hear that Grizz... I was kinda hoping you'd make this. It's been a might long since I've seen you out on the trails.
I think the last time we crossed paths was Lost Trail at the beginning of the season, man time flys. Between camping, mountain bike and dirt bike riding my Jeep adventures are a lot fewer these days. Thanks for the kind words though, I'll get out there again with you guys one of these days.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #4505
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I think the last time we crossed paths was Lost Trail at the beginning of the season, man time flys. Between camping, mountain bike and dirt bike riding my Jeep adventures are a lot fewer these days. Thanks for the kind words though, I'll get out there again with you guys one of these days.
No wonder... see... the only way I've been able to aford this hobby is because I gave up all my other ones (for now). You've got too many! I'd like to do more camping, but I've been hopeing to get the wife more interested in Jeep'n first. Then put the two togeather and really get out there. I think that Jeep'n will mean a lot more when there is a very cool destination that you are headed for. Something that few people get to see.

Imagine being able to explore some realy remote area's and camp out comfortably, in a small tent trailer. I know. I'm not the only one that has thought about it. In fact I've talked with two different friends who have the same idea, and niether of them have yet to buy a Jeep!
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #4506
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Insane Valley Trail.

If you have a GPS you can pre-program, or want to map out this trail on Google Earth.. Here are some of the key locations for you. Lat/Lon given by Degree,Decimal Minuet.

Trail Head, NY Summit -> 43N02.151', 116W43.330'
Abandoned Mine -> 43N05.308', 116W42.652'
Tiddy Spring -> 43N06.888', 116W41.860'
Hill top (hard left turn) -> 43N07.020', 116W42.982'
Jordan Valley - S.C. rd -> 43N02.459', 116W46.411'

I am looking forward to this one!
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #4507
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

From the looks of the current poll, it appears that the new name may be Tiddy Twister.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #4508
dementedwombat
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That's right, I just realized I never showed off my XJ after I got work done. This was the one 89YJ called "straight up awesome" YMMV...

Unnecessary Jeep picture time! Front is 4.5" Rustys lift springs with a 0.5" rubber spacer. Rear is "borrowed" Ranger leafs and shackles with the overload taken out (gave me exactly 5" of lift, go figure). Front articulation should be a ton better than it is in this picture since I bought real lift springs instead of a mountain of rubber spacers like was under it before.

I know it looks low, but I measured it and I swear I've got 5" of lift. Tire size is 31" because that's what fits without cutting out the fenders (it's still a little too nice to start hacking on just yet. It needs one big body dent so I won't feel so bad ).

Swaybars are gone for good (never noticed a difference to be honest). It's pretty much all cosmetic from this point until I can scrape the cash together to do an axle transplant. Then i can experiment with high steering and rear 4 links and all that fun stuff.
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #4509
Idaho89YJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Insane Valley Trail.

If you have a GPS you can pre-program, or want to map out this trail on Google Earth.. Here are some of the key locations for you. Lat/Lon given by Degree,Decimal Minuet.

Trail Head, NY Summit -> 43N02.151', 116W43.330'
Abandoned Mine -> 43N05.308', 116W42.652'
Tiddy Spring -> 43N06.888', 116W41.860'
Hill top (hard left turn) -> 43N07.020', 116W42.982'
Jordan Valley - S.C. rd -> 43N02.459', 116W46.411'

I am looking forward to this one!

Dan, I guess you missed my question when we switched to this page. This is a stock or better run right? An older stock XJ shouldn't have any trouble? One of my friends is still debating whether or not to drive or ride.

Thanks
Idaho89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #4510
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho89YJ View Post
Dan, I guess you missed my question when we switched to this page. This is a stock or better run right? An older stock XJ shouldn't have any trouble? One of my friends is still debating whether or not to drive or ride.

Thanks
I think I answered this one... I think I did, ??! Oh well, the answer is YES, a stock Jeep or other high clearance rig should be fine. There will be challenges for the drivers of any 'un-improved' rigs, but nothing impassable. Just be sure to have good tow points such as hooks or shackles should they be needed.

True I'm driving a Rubicon, but I didn't need lockers on this trail, nor did the 2" lift really help. In fact I think I had better tracktion on the 9.5 in. wide treads than did drivers with wider wheels. I was able to bite and grip the sandy places just fine where I watched them slip and slide a bit.

My one disclaimer: I've been on 80 to 90 percent of these trails I plan to take, but there is a section I've not been down yet. But then I would not have included it if I had any reason to believe it was impassable. I do think it will keep life interesting.
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #4511
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
From the looks of the current poll, it appears that the new name may be Tiddy Twister.
A poll? How did I miss that?

Hey Don, any chance you could come out and play with us on this run?

The route I've mapped out should be a nice mix of goat-tracks, sceinic vistas, rough roads and a few pickup trails.
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #4512
Idaho89YJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
I don't see any problem with that. A stock rig might give the driver a bit more of a challenge. Then again, I was following a Jeep that had huge meats on the last run, and where the trail was sandy... he'd slip and slide a bit where my skinny treads hung on like glue.

Quote:
I think I answered this one... I think I did, ??! Oh well, the answer is YES, a stock Jeep or other high clearance rig should be fine.

Call me blind... but I swear that first post wasn't there before...

It just materialized there this morning.

Thanks! We'll see you out there.
Idaho89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #4513
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well, looks like I wont be able to make this run. The timing chain the A100 broke so now I gotta use those funds to get it back up and going. 2nd day that I had it all nice and legal it takes a poop on me
Maybe I should just take that 6 cylinder out and do the V8 swap now.......................
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
MoparFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #4514
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry Dan, working on the Jeep this weekend. Got some priorities to take care of before it hits the trails. And this last week was 17.5 hrs of OT in five days-pretty much wore out this old man.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #4515
bassnmick
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thoroughly enjoyed that run today Dan! Thanks for leadn the way. Doug had asked bout the FB page I found ya'll through... Its Jeep Wrangler Owners of Idaho... http://www.facebook.com/groups/215061591846402?ap=1
bassnmick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.