Idaho - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #181
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Anyone here have much experience with Buks in Boise? Or another shop withing 100 miles of McCall? I will need to have axle trusses welded on and re-gearing done and am looking for a good shop with a good price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
I would check out 6 States or Driveline services of Boise. These seem to have the best prices. Bucks seems to be high priced and all over the place on things I have gotten Quotes for. They quoted me 800.00 to regear my front axle.
X's 2 on Bucks; the first time I went there everyone was outside moving some crap around (storage bins or something) and nobody even acknowledged me? The second time I went there was on a Friday night before a run and I needed a set of motor mount lifts. When I called they said $135 - the same ones you can get online for $80. I sucked it up because I needed them and when I got there I said something about the price and they charged me $115? Then the last time I stopped in there (and it will probably be the last time) I asked them what they thought of the D35 (just to see what kind of response I would get) and the guy said he likes them as long as you put in an S35 - he also mentioned that three of the 5 Jeeps in the parking lot had S35's. For fun I asked how much they would charge to install one and he kind of looked in the air like he was thinking (as in - "what can I get away with...") and said $4200! $4200 freakin' dollars to purchase and install a Super 35!!!!! I didn't even know how to respond...I just said "Ok, thanks...and then left". You can buy 2 D44's for less than $5k!

If you're looking around in Boise check out Top Line Truck in Nampa; you may need to go to Planet4x4.com and ask around - I couldn't find anything online for them (10 second search...) but I know the guy that owns it has a pretty sweet buggy; his name on Planet is Triple-T (TripleT) something like that.

Or you can check out Snake River Truck. I don't know a whole lot about them except they have new owners (who have also posted on planet4x4) and the last time I was there they had some decent prices on tires and the guy next to me at the counter was getting prices for 37's, 6" lift and 7" rear/4" front stretch on a YJ - so I know they do some custom work. I also spent some time talking to one of the guys there about D30's (listen up apex...) and he's been running 38's on his non-trussed LPD30 with alloy shafts and CTM's (I think) and so far so good.

Go check out the planet4x4.com site and also Idaho4x4.com; I think you'll have better luck getting those types of answers on that board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Dan's @ 9AM on Sunday. We can discuss what we want to do:

1.) Lost Trail - Fun, familiar, nothing really tough at all.
2.) Carnage Canyon - Unknown, tougher but pretty sure there are bypasses, right next to meatgrinder.
3.) Some combo of Lost Trail/Carnage/Grinder.
FYI - I've never been on Lower Carnage but on Upper Carnage there are essentially 3 sections (in my mind); the first couple of obstacles which have bypasses then there's a little hard core section (take a left at the fork in the road - Dogman - you, me and Bluesman went right) that doesn't have any bypasses once you're in it and then the 3rd and final section has no bypasses - the pic below is the first obstacle in the third section (dogman - that's where we sat and had lunch that day with Bluesman)...and here's a link to the entire gallery - pictures 1-17 are from Meat Ginder and the rest are sections 2 and 3 of Upper Carnage - Clicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailridin4x4x4 View Post
boring show room, no stock ,counter help that is unfamilar with products and off roading
I can't deny the boring show room but the people I talked to were definitely wheelers and knew their stuff; they also had 3-4 decent trucks outside - two Jeeps, a FSB and Ford Ranger pre-runner if I'm correct. Also; I have no experience with their craftsmanship or prices so I can't comment on either one.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #182
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post

I can't deny the boring show room but the people I talked to were definitely wheelers and knew their stuff; they also had 3-4 decent trucks outside - two Jeeps, a FSB and Ford Ranger pre-runner if I'm correct. Also; I have no experience with their craftsmanship or prices so I can't comment on either one.
I was pricing lockers for the D30 and thought i'd give the local guys a try, Aussies are on backorder online and i thought i'd give bucks a call. I was told that they are the most expensive lunchbox out there and i they could get me a lockrite for $415 and have it in a few days. I also called when i replaced the top and was told $500 for the best top RAT and they'd have to order it.

I understand small inventory creates higher prices but $200 more on a locker and a top is not worth buying local.

On a good note, I just met a guy with a TJ from Kuna that was very impressed with their install of the Auburn E-lockers front and rear.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #183
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just to clarify, I was talking Lower Carnage...
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #184
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Just to clarify, I was talking Lower Carnage...
Roger.....

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #185
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I'm thinking we should do Lost Trail. If we have time, we could go explore Lower Carnage. I would like to show the others LT.

This is who I think is going according to the responses: Dogman, Joe, Texan, Chili and Jeeper4ever.
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #186
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I'm thinking we should do Lost Trail. If we have time, we could go explore Lower Carnage. I would like to show the others LT.

This is who I think is going according to the responses: Dogman, Joe, Texan, Chili and Jeeper4ever.
I will be going but with the g/f Jeep so it can't be to difficult

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #187
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

And I probably won't be there at all...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #188
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
I will be going but with the g/f Jeep so it can't be to difficult
LT is not difficult at all, so no problem there.
Unread 05-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #189
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, If anyone is planning on running with us in Salmon this weekend, PM me and i will give you my #. I don't know what time would work best for everyone so as of right now I will be at the coffe shop resteraunt on main street (across from KINGS) in salmon from 9am to 10:30am on sat. you should see my jeep parked on main street.

I will have (just in case) dana 30 axles, U-joints, drive shaft, brakes and other spare parts on hand.
Unread 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #190
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

See you then.
Tkamplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #191
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Due to weather, it was only me and Chappy84 this weekend! Rained on me from Arco to Salmon (3.5 hours) and then the entire weekend, plus most of the drive home. Had as awesome time, did lots of trails with a couple fun technical spots. My jeep performed better than I thought it would, and Chappy's did excellent as expected, It's a pretty sick Jeep. At any rate, here are some pictures (once we remembered to start taking them) of the weekend. A lot of this stuff doesn't look bad, but nothing ever does in pictures. It was a blast. It's a shame more people couldn't make it, we'll need a more central locale next time.

Last edited by Tkamplin; 05-25-2008 at 07:07 PM..
Unread 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #192
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This spot really sucked. It was wide enough for a 4-wheeler, muddy, and took about 2 hours to get through and back through. Those logs in the second picture were a weird little shored-up barricade type thing. Not something I wanted to put my tires on, it was a straight drop under those. Pictures definitely don't do it justice, it was a hairy spot. Chappy has some pics of his jeep on his camera, I only have the pics of mine. But it gives you an idea.

Last edited by Tkamplin; 05-25-2008 at 07:06 PM..
Unread 05-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #193
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great pictures. Looks like a good time. To bad nobody else made it.

I'll be headed up to Idaho City on the 30th with a few friends. We're gonna head up Thorne Creek and see how far we can make it.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #194
carracer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That looks really fun! I'm wanting to make a run with you guys sometime this summer. Keep us informed!
Unread 05-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #195
TheGillz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Holy crank! That looks plenty hairy from the pics. The wider JK's would never have made that 4wheeler path. We will be going up there on the 4th of July weekend if you want to plan some camping and another wheeling route.
0lllllll0¬
.....|¯/¯¯¯\¯\_|__|¯¯ºŒ---------¬<=##=>
.....¯ (o)_)-)_)........…(o)_)÷)_(o)_)÷)_)
TheGillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.