Idaho - Page 121 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #1801
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like you're having a blast! My customers dad was guide at one point and had a big jet boat - last time I was there they were telling me stories about going up river for 3 days and having to drag the boat by hand UP RIVER because the water was too low! As much as I want to go bear hunting in AK I would not be looking forward to doing that...

EDIT: PM Sent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
with the talk of Alaska just thought i would throw out an update:

Everything is going great up here. I am in Anchorage right next to Kincade Park. been doing lots of hiking and exploring in between work. I wish my jeep was here to explore with. Most everything I have run into is mud so far, and we took some four wheelers through it a few weekends back. Today we just got back from bear hunt where we took a raft with a merc. 20 horse jet up 20 mile river to the glacier and hunted. No bear, but it was an adventurous trip. We had to float back down because it was impossible to motor down through the boulder fields. Landed the raft sideways on a few rocks and took on about a foot of water in the bottom of the raft and had to bail out the whole way out. Almost lost all our gear a few times, and came close to hypothermia from being covered in water while in the glacier winds. Needless to say it was a pretty intense outing, but alot of fun.

Chili- let me know your schedule for your visit when its firmed up so we can meet for lunch or dinner. Me and Ryan would love to meet up.

Missing jeeping in ID and wish i woulda been down there for the runs soo far. Ill be ready when im back Aug. 18th!

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #1802
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

One of my brothers finally got a jeep! Unfortunately, he outdid me in every way. Anyways, al knowledge is welcome. He's been incommunicado for a few days and I'm trying to figure out exactly how this is equipped. Pics and what I do know; http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792176
Unread 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #1803
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
so here are the plans if anyone is interested in coming.

Meating @ 9 am in the albertsons parking lot off or Gowen road and federalway.

We will be leaving @ 9:15 and going up twards the back side of idaho city. we are going to see where rock the mountain is going be held then go and explore the old mines/caves and trails. If any one whats to join please feel free. The more the better!!!!!
Just wanted to say I had a good time out there today, nice meeting you Bluejeepyj, and nice going with you Broam17, I had a good time. We went out Grimes Creek road and then just followed some trails to Placerville for a while and back home, Had some firsts today also, first water crossings, and a good size rock we all climbed(but no one took any pictures) I'll post my pictures as soon as can download them.
Had a good time today, Thanks Guys
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #1804
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ya today was awesome! We found some good trails and got quite a few good pictures! ill load up some in a few hours. Got plenty muddy today and really enjoyed the different terrains we got to go on. Sinbad made it through some big sized mud holes and climbed that huge rock with us so props to him!
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #1805
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww144/sinbad85/

here are a few pictures from today's run.
Unread 06-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #1806
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Blue,sinbad---- Guys thanx!!! To day was awesome. we inspired my buddy to strat working on his suzuki. He said this was one of the coolest things he had done in years!!! Had a blast guys!!!!!
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #1807
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Sinbad just looked at the pics and vids and they look awesome. Cant wait for next time. I think If i get my trailer done ill bring it with now that i kinda know what to expect.
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #1808
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Sinbad just looked at the pics and vids and they look awesome. Cant wait for next time. I think If i get my trailer done ill bring it with now that i kinda know what to expect.
You should have a blast at the concert, I think it would be a cool spot to hang out for the night and listen to some good music. A trailer would be nice to have so you can pack everything in and out, should be a nice project for you.
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #1809
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are some more pictures from todays run. http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/s.../IDAHO%20city/
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #1810
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Here are some more pictures from todays run. http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/s.../IDAHO%20city/

Thanks for posting the pics. I've been wanting to get up there with someone who knows their way around. Did you guys make it to Placerville?

On a slightly different note: Broam, Sinbad, your paddles are getting pretty rusty... If anyone else is interested in some TT let me know.

Last edited by GrizzlyBear67; 06-07-2009 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: sp
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #1811
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Bluejeepyj--hey man great pics!!!

Grizz- yea ill have to come down as soon as the back stops hurting. I think I need new seats. every time I go out by the next morning my lower back hurts pretty good. any suggestions???

and yes we made it to placervill. had a really neet feel to it.

Last edited by Broam17; 06-07-2009 at 10:07 AM..
Unread 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #1812
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Bluejeepyj--hey man great pics!!!

Grizz- yea ill have to come down as soon as the back stops hurting. I think I need new seats. every time I go out by the next morning my lower back hurts pretty good. any suggestions???

and yes we made it to placervill. had a really neet feel to it.
I use a contoured lower back pad just about every trip. It makes a huge difference for me. Without it, legs start tingling and sometimes go to sleep.

Placerville is almost like a small Silver City...Have you guys ever been to Centerville or Pioneerville?
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #1813
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I use a contoured lower back pad just about every trip. It makes a huge difference for me. Without it, legs start tingling and sometimes go to sleep.

Placerville is almost like a small Silver City...Have you guys ever been to Centerville or Pioneerville?
We went to Placerville and centerville, there is a nice cemetery at placerville. We all took pictures so I'll stick them up on photo bucket. Thanks for making us go Broam, the weather was perfect.
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #1814
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ya the cemetery was awesome. Alot of graves from the 1800's it was very interesting. I want to go back and explore more those were some fun trails and there are so many other options
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #1815
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody from here going to the IOR miners grave ride on the 20th? I think im gonna try and go out

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.