Idaho - Page 107 - JeepForum.com

 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1591 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 AM
jprestin
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: nampa, id
Posts: 48
Quote:
The road/trail above the reservoir goes about a mile or so and dead ends in the canyon.
Im pretty sure the road goes all the way through up to cross the silver city road if you are willing to push through it. it gets quite hairy in the middle and youll get majorly scratched up, but we have made it all the way through there before and its quite a trail.


1998 ZJ limited 5.2, 5.5 rusty's LA lift, 33's
1991 YJ 4cyl 5spd. 4 inch spring under, 33's homemade hydrogen conversion.
jprestin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1592 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Posts: 3,349
The road we took was south of the Res. and is on BLM land - I'm petty sure the road you were thinking of is north of the Res...

EDIT: Here's the Lat/Long of the road we took.

43.12825,-116.482277


COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline  
post #1593 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Posts: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
Im pretty sure the road goes all the way through up to cross the silver city road if you are willing to push through it. it gets quite hairy in the middle and youll get majorly scratched up, but we have made it all the way through there before and its quite a trail.
I believe he's thinking about this road. It's the one that says Dead End on it along with Private Property.

43.139744,-116.491461


COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline  
post #1594 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 03:48 PM
jprestin
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: nampa, id
Posts: 48
Quote:
I believe he's thinking about this road. It's the one that says Dead End on it along with Private Property.

43.139744,-116.491461
Gotcha- just checked that with my gps markings on google earth and i see what hes talking about.
we should make a crawling run up through that canyon when your XJ gets done and ive got my axle situation fixed up

1998 ZJ limited 5.2, 5.5 rusty's LA lift, 33's
1991 YJ 4cyl 5spd. 4 inch spring under, 33's homemade hydrogen conversion.
jprestin is offline  
post #1595 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 961
You guys are cheating. Using GPS points and maps and such. I am going off a description on the net and a really old memory.
Lots of places there to explore. I vaguely remember another trail that went farther and up towards the SC road.
Someday let's go to Fossil Butte area and I can show you some mild trails that you would enjoy, along with running portions of the Oregon trail. Before you say it Chili, I will. Yes, I ran that trail in a wagon as a youngster (Not that old yet).
Tumbleweed01 is offline  
post #1596 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Posts: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
Gotcha- just checked that with my gps markings on google earth and i see what hes talking about.
we should make a crawling run up through that canyon when your XJ gets done and ive got my axle situation fixed up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
You guys are cheating. Using GPS points and maps and such. I am going off a description on the net and a really old memory.
Lots of places there to explore. I vaguely remember another trail that went farther and up towards the SC road.
Someday let's go to Fossil Butte area and I can show you some mild trails that you would enjoy, along with running portions of the Oregon trail. Before you say it Chili, I will. Yes, I ran that trail in a wagon as a youngster (Not that old yet).
I figured that was the road you were talking about. And are you sure dirt existed when you were a youngster

JPrestin - we'll definitely be taking a trip up that canyon when my XJ is done. It will definitely be done prior to you returning from AK in August and should (better) have a few runs on her by then too!


COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline  
post #1597 of 9842 Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 961
Somebody had to be around to help God name it dirt!
BTW, the county will plow the main road into SC; the week prior to Memorial Day weekend.
The Idaho Hotel will open the Sat of Memorial Day weekend. Stop in there and look around, great place and wonderful pie homemade on a wood stove. Pat should open her gift shop that weekend, another great place to browse. Her husband is Paul Nettleton, owns Joyce ranch and most of the grazing land around Murphy. Good folks. He allows us to access many of the trails in the area throughout the SC area.
Tumbleweed01 is offline  
post #1598 of 9842 Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
jprestin
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: nampa, id
Posts: 48
Quote:
Someday let's go to Fossil Butte area and I can show you some mild trails that you would enjoy, along with running portions of the Oregon trail. Before you say it Chili, I will. Yes, I ran that trail in a wagon as a youngster (Not that old yet).
That would be really cool! im on Expedition Portal too, and ive been watching some of the guys over there running parts of the Oregon Trail and it looks like alot of fun. The historical aspect of that would be really neat.

Is anybody else here on Expedition Portal? Just wondering as thats the direction im taking the TJ build.

1998 ZJ limited 5.2, 5.5 rusty's LA lift, 33's
1991 YJ 4cyl 5spd. 4 inch spring under, 33's homemade hydrogen conversion.
jprestin is offline  
post #1599 of 9842 Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 961
I am on it.
Tumbleweed01 is offline  
post #1600 of 9842 Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
GrizzlyBear67
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Somebody had to be around to help God name it dirt!
BTW, the county will plow the main road into SC; the week prior to Memorial Day weekend.
The Idaho Hotel will open the Sat of Memorial Day weekend. Stop in there and look around, great place and wonderful pie homemade on a wood stove. Pat should open her gift shop that weekend, another great place to browse. Her husband is Paul Nettleton, owns Joyce ranch and most of the grazing land around Murphy. Good folks. He allows us to access many of the trails in the area throughout the SC area.
Yes, and I hear tales of hauntings.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline  
post #1601 of 9842 Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
GrizzlyBear67
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 766
BRC action alert...

Here it is again folks. I'm asking all of you to please follow the link like last time and fill out and send this form. Apathy will be our undoing! It costs you no money and very little time.

http://www.sharetrails.org/rapid_response/

Also, if you aren't a member of a local or state club (which is perfectly fine) I strongly urge you to join either the Blue Ribbon Coalition or the United Four Wheel Drive Association. Seriously, we are seeing unprecidented attacks on our sport and areas are closing rapidly. Our little patch of the Owyhees is safe for now but the radical left wing has their sites on it guaranteed. Please, join one or both of the organizations listed if you do nothing else.

Like I said, you don't have to lift a finger so to speak and the cost is minimal, but you need to be counted. Numbers matter!

Thanks for hearing my rant guys. Take care.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline  
post #1602 of 9842 Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Dogman
Registered User
 
Dogman's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boise
Posts: 5,223
Thanks Griz, done.

John 3:17
Dogman is offline  
post #1603 of 9842 Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 AM
apexjeepinjoe
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Thanks Griz, done.
X2 Thank you!!

~Joe~

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline  
post #1604 of 9842 Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
moreismore69
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: boise
Posts: 58
Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post

done and done!

~*stephanie*~
2009 Wrangler X Unlimited
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(my man's ride)
1970 Jeepster Commando

http://pigbellypeter.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/stephanieboyd
moreismore69 is offline  
post #1605 of 9842 Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Posts: 3,349
Done...


COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Idaho Trails!! rdude5 Idaho Jeep Forum 13 07-30-2015 10:59 AM
Moving to Idaho HoustonTJ Idaho Jeep Forum 12 01-17-2010 09:09 AM
Spokane/ N Idaho justanotherjpr North West USA 0 07-20-2009 05:42 PM
SE idaho wheelers McWood Idaho Jeep Forum 3 05-21-2009 09:32 AM
anyone up and about in Oregon and Idaho VegasJeep North West USA 2 11-16-2008 08:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome