Idaho - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #1591
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The road/trail above the reservoir goes about a mile or so and dead ends in the canyon.
Im pretty sure the road goes all the way through up to cross the silver city road if you are willing to push through it. it gets quite hairy in the middle and youll get majorly scratched up, but we have made it all the way through there before and its quite a trail.

Unread 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #1592
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

The road we took was south of the Res. and is on BLM land - I'm petty sure the road you were thinking of is north of the Res...

EDIT: Here's the Lat/Long of the road we took.

43.12825,-116.482277

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #1593
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
Im pretty sure the road goes all the way through up to cross the silver city road if you are willing to push through it. it gets quite hairy in the middle and youll get majorly scratched up, but we have made it all the way through there before and its quite a trail.
I believe he's thinking about this road. It's the one that says Dead End on it along with Private Property.

43.139744,-116.491461

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 05-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #1594
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I believe he's thinking about this road. It's the one that says Dead End on it along with Private Property.

43.139744,-116.491461
Gotcha- just checked that with my gps markings on google earth and i see what hes talking about.
we should make a crawling run up through that canyon when your XJ gets done and ive got my axle situation fixed up
Unread 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #1595
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You guys are cheating. Using GPS points and maps and such. I am going off a description on the net and a really old memory.
Lots of places there to explore. I vaguely remember another trail that went farther and up towards the SC road.
Someday let's go to Fossil Butte area and I can show you some mild trails that you would enjoy, along with running portions of the Oregon trail. Before you say it Chili, I will. Yes, I ran that trail in a wagon as a youngster (Not that old yet).
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #1596
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
Gotcha- just checked that with my gps markings on google earth and i see what hes talking about.
we should make a crawling run up through that canyon when your XJ gets done and ive got my axle situation fixed up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
You guys are cheating. Using GPS points and maps and such. I am going off a description on the net and a really old memory.
Lots of places there to explore. I vaguely remember another trail that went farther and up towards the SC road.
Someday let's go to Fossil Butte area and I can show you some mild trails that you would enjoy, along with running portions of the Oregon trail. Before you say it Chili, I will. Yes, I ran that trail in a wagon as a youngster (Not that old yet).
I figured that was the road you were talking about. And are you sure dirt existed when you were a youngster

JPrestin - we'll definitely be taking a trip up that canyon when my XJ is done. It will definitely be done prior to you returning from AK in August and should (better) have a few runs on her by then too!

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 05-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #1597
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Somebody had to be around to help God name it dirt!
BTW, the county will plow the main road into SC; the week prior to Memorial Day weekend.
The Idaho Hotel will open the Sat of Memorial Day weekend. Stop in there and look around, great place and wonderful pie homemade on a wood stove. Pat should open her gift shop that weekend, another great place to browse. Her husband is Paul Nettleton, owns Joyce ranch and most of the grazing land around Murphy. Good folks. He allows us to access many of the trails in the area throughout the SC area.
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #1598
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That would be really cool! im on Expedition Portal too, and ive been watching some of the guys over there running parts of the Oregon Trail and it looks like alot of fun. The historical aspect of that would be really neat.

Is anybody else here on Expedition Portal? Just wondering as thats the direction im taking the TJ build.
Unread 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #1599
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am on it.
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #1600
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Somebody had to be around to help God name it dirt!
BTW, the county will plow the main road into SC; the week prior to Memorial Day weekend.
The Idaho Hotel will open the Sat of Memorial Day weekend. Stop in there and look around, great place and wonderful pie homemade on a wood stove. Pat should open her gift shop that weekend, another great place to browse. Her husband is Paul Nettleton, owns Joyce ranch and most of the grazing land around Murphy. Good folks. He allows us to access many of the trails in the area throughout the SC area.
Yes, and I hear tales of hauntings.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #1601
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

BRC action alert...

Here it is again folks. I'm asking all of you to please follow the link like last time and fill out and send this form. Apathy will be our undoing! It costs you no money and very little time.

http://www.sharetrails.org/rapid_response/

Also, if you aren't a member of a local or state club (which is perfectly fine) I strongly urge you to join either the Blue Ribbon Coalition or the United Four Wheel Drive Association. Seriously, we are seeing unprecidented attacks on our sport and areas are closing rapidly. Our little patch of the Owyhees is safe for now but the radical left wing has their sites on it guaranteed. Please, join one or both of the organizations listed if you do nothing else.

Like I said, you don't have to lift a finger so to speak and the cost is minimal, but you need to be counted. Numbers matter!

Thanks for hearing my rant guys. Take care.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #1602
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Griz, done.
Unread 05-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #1603
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Thanks Griz, done.
X2 Thank you!!

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #1604
moreismore69
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post

done and done!
1970 Jeepster Commando

http://pigbellypeter.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/stephanieboyd
moreismore69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #1605
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Done...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.