Idaho - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #1531
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Whether you get into SC or not depends mostly on when and if they ran the Cat through NY Summit area. I can't find anyone who knows that answer-yet. Go and have a ball, no matter what you find.
Grizz-no worries. I have been putting in 11-12 hr days and it is whooping my butt.

Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #1532
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Chilli- thanx for the advice on the e-mail thing. And with the map stuff just let me know what way your all going. WISH I could go but I need to fix my jeep, and Im getting my doors made so im hoping the 6th ill take my trip, hopfully..
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #1533
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
I bet you will still have more snow than you can handle on the backside, around War Eagle; shortly after the Fairview cemetery. The past three years I have busted the trail into War Eagle for the Ham radio guys to get into the repeater site. Never made it in til mid May. If they have not run the Cat through NY summit-you won't make that either.
But go, have fun; explore.
Chili- I have a handheld GPS you are welcome to borrow. You have my # if you have serious problems. Keep in mind that many places there cell phone won't work-but also many times that texting will work, when voice does not.
Just for safety sake-Owyhee County Sheriff # is 495-1154.

Please don't anyone take my post as negative. Go have fun. I have had more fun excursions around SC doing just what you are going to do; than most other trail rides.
Chili-we need to get together to chat on a long easy trailride I am planning for late May or June.
I was out that way (South of Nampa) and was looking at the mountains. It looks like there's still quite a bit of snow up there so I guess we'll see what happens when we get there.

On a side note: War Eagle is south of Silver City, if we come out the back way it will be north; which doesn't have quite the elevation of War Eagle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Count me in for Silver City. A few things to think about. We might hit mud from the snow melt. I'm not the boss but we should try to avoid it as much as possible. The back rout is awesome but again, the snow melt might make it muddy. I'm just bringing it up because that whole area is undergoing a lot of change right now and under a lot of scrutiny.

Some good news to report:

Remember a few posts back there was mention that MG, Carnage and the other good rock runs were possibly going to be closed. I have a very credible source that says that is not happening. There will be some closures but not the great trails we've been enjoying. I'm unsure about the Silver City back way or Black mountain road but I will find out asap and keep you posted. I don't think they are scheduled for closure though.

Broam is asking about a map:

The maps for the Murphy subregion have been made but they are not ready for public distribution. They are drastically incomplete, sort of a rough draft at this point. As I said before, there are no numbers and they are practically useless. The public version is set to be finished by the fall but it's not guaranteed.

I will keep all of you updated as I learn more about what's going on. If you have any specific information, questions or have heard something different please post up or PM me. At this time, please don't post your sources openly. They're not secret but I just don't want this to turn into a shooting match.

I will assure you that anything I post will be either verbal or written info I have received from either the BRC, IRC, BLM or other private individuals that have first hand knowledge and have been involved in the OI process. If I learn that any info I've posted is in error I will correct it immediately.

Back to Saturday...Like I said, count me in

Chili-it looks like you have a lot of excited offroaders out there ready to come out and have some fun! Good call for planning this run.
Understood on the mud; we'll be going in the main road and exploring from there. For those of you that have never been to Silver City don't forget your cameras.

And that's awesome to hear about the trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Do you have quick disco's yet? I just put some on our JK and what a difference it makes.
Welcome to the world of link and coil suspension. Now you know why the TJ was such a big hit when it came out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
So with the snow issue at silver city, does it mean we won't be able to make it all the way there? Chili ,If your bringing the BBQ I'll bring some Hamburger(since I'm employed now). If I could get a rough head count on the number of people that will make it easier for me.
As mentioned we'll be going up the main route so we "should" be able to make it to Silver City. From there we can go further up the road and do some exploring and see if there's too much snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
Chilli- thanx for the advice on the e-mail thing. And with the map stuff just let me know what way your all going. WISH I could go but I need to fix my jeep, and Im getting my doors made so im hoping the 6th ill take my trip, hopfully..
You're welcome and don't forget to post pics of your doors. Also; if you go on the 6th post up the info. There may be more people that want to go then also.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #1534
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Here are the details of the run.

If you plan on attending either post up here (if you haven't already) or send me a PM; trying to get an idea of how many people will be showing up?

Where: Silver City "area"
When: Saturday May 2nd
Meet: Dan's Ferry Crossing
Depart: 9:30 am

I'll be bringing a grill and potato salad.

Sinbad was going to bring some hot dogs.

Anyone want to volunteer some chips?

So far we have:

(1) Chili Palmer
(3) Sinbad
(1) Grizzly
(2) apexjeepinjoe
(?) jprestin

5 rigs
8 people

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 04-30-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #1535
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Here are the details of the run.

Sinbad was going to bring some hot dogs.

Anyone want to volunteer some chips?
So far we have:

(1)Chili Palmer
(1)Sinbad
(1)Grizzly
(2)apexjeepinjoe
(?)jprestin

5 rigs
6 people
I bought some Burgers and buns today(thought you had the dogs), I downloaded a bunch of geo-caches for the area we can stop and find on the way if anyone wants to. Also I have the wife and daughter coming with me(forcing the daughter to) And the dog
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #1536
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I bought some Burgers and buns today(thought you had the dogs), I downloaded a bunch of geo-caches for the area we can stop and find on the way if anyone wants to. Also I have the wife and daughter coming with me(forcing the daughter to) And the dog
I can bring dogs and buns...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #1537
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmapes View Post
Hey all!
How often do you guys make runs? I am kinda a newb so its also if your willing to drag me around also
You're welcome to come along this Saturday!

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #1538
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

One down 2 to go

Well looks like only 2 American auto makers left, Jeeps will now be Italian made, we are going to have little Fiat motors in them!!
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #1539
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well looks like only 2 American auto makers left, Jeeps will now be Italian made, we are going to have little Fiat motors in them!!
Hmm...should've just let them fall to begin with and deal with the aftermath as opposed to bailing them out. Coincidently that's the same way I feel about the banks...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #1540
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Chilli

You've managed to organize this section well. I broke my leg in March and I'm just now able to sit at the computer and drive again. I would love to get out with you guys but I'm afraid my leg and extra metal I'm carrying around won't handle the rough ride.

I'm currently unemployed so I have lots of time to head out. Anyone in the Valley area that has time to take runs on Mondays or Tuesdays should let me know.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #1541
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsnowryder View Post
Chilli

You've managed to organize this section well. I broke my leg in March and I'm just now able to sit at the computer and drive again. I would love to get out with you guys but I'm afraid my leg and extra metal I'm carrying around won't handle the rough ride.

I'm currently unemployed so I have lots of time to head out. Anyone in the Valley area that has time to take runs on Mondays or Tuesdays should let me know.
LOL - oraganize this section. How about I have a job I don't necessarily like but I do get to work from home and spend most of the day on the internet (ever notice most of my posts are either in the daytime or late at night after the wife and kids go to bed) and apparently there are some people crazy enough to pay attention to me

On a more serious note: it sucks to hear about your leg! If you're worried about it then you may not want to go on this run because if we do end up going out the back way it can get kind of bumpy.

Considering your name and when you broke it I'm assuming you broke your leg snowboarding?

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #1542
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Won't be any worse than when the Germans took over!

Quote:
Hmm...should've just let them fall to begin with and deal with the aftermath as opposed to bailing them out. Coincidently that's the same way I feel about the banks...
Agreed 100%

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #1543
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

On a more serious note: it sucks to hear about your leg! If you're worried about it then you may not want to go on this run because if we do end up going out the back way it can get kind of bumpy.

Considering your name and when you broke it I'm assuming you broke your leg snowboarding?
Good guess, snapped the tib/fib in half coming up short on a table top at bogus. Oh well, worked out great with going back to school in the fall.

I've done the run over Rabbit Creek but I'm still unfamiliar with that whole area. I'll be getting out more in next few weeks. I know the last time I was checking up in here you were the go to guy, I hope that didn't offend you!!

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
lbsnowryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #1544
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
what happened to the International/Harvester deal that Jp reported on several months ago? It finally sounded like a manufacturer that didn't have their head up their a%@ was finally going to be running the Jeep brand. If you haven't seen the article it's worth the read. Some really good changes were in store where needed and they were keeping the things that didn't need change.

P.s. make sure not to bring pre-made frozen burgers, I know someone that may not eat 'em. Not me of course!
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #1545
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Where: Silver City "area"
When: Saturday May 2nd
Meet: Dan's Ferry Crossing
Depart: 9:30 am
Do you guys get to get wet doing any crossings? My friends used to go up there a bunch, but I never went. I might make it a point to stop there if I am ever in the area again, if it is a good offroading site! Cheers.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.