Idaho - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #1516
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

So If your all going on the silver city run sat Im wanting to know what trail your going to take. Me and my bro are redoing the cooling system on my jeep and want to go to silver city in 2 weeks. Could some one send me a map with markings or some thing??? PLEASE!!!! my e-mail is Broam17@msn.com

Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #1517
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
So lets make this happen, looks like a few people are up for it, looks like a Silver City is good for most people, Who's leading on this stock or better run?(Because I'm stock you know). If not silver City, Chili was saying today maybe head up north, I'll go with you there also.
It's on, we will be leaving Dan's Ferry at 9:30am. I'll lead but remember this - I don't own a GPS - I own a Jeep

It's supposed to be mid/low 60's with 20% chance of rain on Sat. If it's raining then we'll probably take the main road to Silver City and go from there. If it's try we'll probably go the back way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
So If your all going on the silver city run sat Im wanting to know what trail your going to take. Me and my bro are redoing the cooling system on my jeep and want to go to silver city in 2 weeks. Could some one send me a map with markings or some thing??? PLEASE!!!! my e-mail is B r o a m 1 7 AT m s n . c o m
I'll see what I can come up with for a map.

And just a heads up but in the future when you post your email online you may want to write it out like I did above. There are software programs that scan websites for email addresses - that's how people get spam.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #1518
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Very tempting...I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm reading this late and can't think straight...
I'll bring the grill and the dogs...you bring the burgers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
i would probably be good to go on a silver city run or jordan valley road, the back way into that could be a blast right now
Has anyone been up the back side yet this year? I'm curious if all the snow is gone?

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #1519
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

how built up of rigs are you guys thinking for this run? the YJ is out of commish, and all i have is the TJ on 30's right now thats moving.. is stock alright for this one or should i hop in with my friend in his built Toyota? if I go and dont bring my jeep there would be 2 rigs coming from NNU here
Unread 04-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #1520
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
how built up of rigs are you guys thinking for this run? the YJ is out of commish, and all i have is the TJ on 30's right now thats moving.. is stock alright for this one or should i hop in with my friend in his built Toyota? if I go and dont bring my jeep there would be 2 rigs coming from NNU here
Stock will do, both Sinbad and I are in WJ's with 2" budget boosts and 31's so you should be fine with a TJ and 30's...

This is more of an "exploration" type gig as opposed to a rock crawl...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #1521
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Stock will do, both Sinbad and I are in WJ's with 2" budget boosts and 31's so you should be fine with a TJ and 30's...

This is more of an "exploration" type gig as opposed to a rock crawl...
Thats good cause the GF wants to try out her new JK

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #1522
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

awesome. so your thinking just going up the actual silver city road till it branches up top? have you gone in the back way from the OHV area next to murphy and then over the jordan valley pass and around into silver city through the back way? i dont know if it would be passable but that is a really fun trail, and we did it in a stock 4runner a few times last fall. How much snow should be up there still this time of year?
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #1523
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
Roger that...hope you can make it.

Quote:
awesome. so your thinking just going up the actual silver city road till it branches up top? have you gone in the back way from the OHV area next to murphy and then over the jordan valley pass and around into silver city through the back way? i dont know if it would be passable but that is a really fun trail, and we did it in a stock 4runner a few times last fall. How much snow should be up there still this time of year?
I've never gone that way. I've gone up Black Mountain Rd.; you can access it by going up the Reynolds Creek Stage Rd. from Murphy or following Reynold's Creek Rd. all the way from Hemmingway Butte until you get to the cemetary then take a left; going this way it's about 1 mile down on the right. Here are the coordinates from Google... (43.200155, -116.711283).

Maybe we'll go up the main road and out the back way via Reynolds Creek Rd. This way if it's early or if anyone wants to we can go explore North of Reynolds Creek Rd. It looks like you can take Reynolds Creek Rd. to Upper Reynolds Creek Rd to Salmon Creek Rd to Wilson Creek Rd which takes you back to Hwy 78 North of Hemmingway Butte? It might make for a long day but it looks like fun.

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #1524
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I bet you will still have more snow than you can handle on the backside, around War Eagle; shortly after the Fairview cemetery. The past three years I have busted the trail into War Eagle for the Ham radio guys to get into the repeater site. Never made it in til mid May. If they have not run the Cat through NY summit-you won't make that either.
But go, have fun; explore.
Chili- I have a handheld GPS you are welcome to borrow. You have my # if you have serious problems. Keep in mind that many places there cell phone won't work-but also many times that texting will work, when voice does not.
Just for safety sake-Owyhee County Sheriff # is 495-1154.

Please don't anyone take my post as negative. Go have fun. I have had more fun excursions around SC doing just what you are going to do; than most other trail rides.
Chili-we need to get together to chat on a long easy trailride I am planning for late May or June.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #1525
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Silver City...Land Use update...

Count me in for Silver City. A few things to think about. We might hit mud from the snow melt. I'm not the boss but we should try to avoid it as much as possible. The back rout is awesome but again, the snow melt might make it muddy. I'm just bringing it up because that whole area is undergoing a lot of change right now and under a lot of scrutiny.

Some good news to report:

Remember a few posts back there was mention that MG, Carnage and the other good rock runs were possibly going to be closed. I have a very credible source that says that is not happening. There will be some closures but not the great trails we've been enjoying. I'm unsure about the Silver City back way or Black mountain road but I will find out asap and keep you posted. I don't think they are scheduled for closure though.

Broam is asking about a map:

The maps for the Murphy subregion have been made but they are not ready for public distribution. They are drastically incomplete, sort of a rough draft at this point. As I said before, there are no numbers and they are practically useless. The public version is set to be finished by the fall but it's not guaranteed.

I will keep all of you updated as I learn more about what's going on. If you have any specific information, questions or have heard something different please post up or PM me. At this time, please don't post your sources openly. They're not secret but I just don't want this to turn into a shooting match.

I will assure you that anything I post will be either verbal or written info I have received from either the BRC, IRC, BLM or other private individuals that have first hand knowledge and have been involved in the OI process. If I learn that any info I've posted is in error I will correct it immediately.

Back to Saturday...Like I said, count me in

Chili-it looks like you have a lot of excited offroaders out there ready to come out and have some fun! Good call for planning this run.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #1526
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
Do you have quick disco's yet? I just put some on our JK and what a difference it makes.
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #1527
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I did learn last night that we have not knowingly lost any trails in the Murphy area. The Little Valley area around Jacks Creek (south of Bruneau) was taken by the Omnibus bill for wilderness. I am sure with some time we will learn more.
Thanks Grizz for the updates and your efforts.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #1528
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
I did learn last night that we have not knowingly lost any trails in the Murphy area. The Little Valley area around Jacks Creek (south of Bruneau) was taken by the Omnibus bill for wilderness. I am sure with some time we will learn more.
Thanks Grizz for the updates and your efforts.
Thank you sir...I owe you a phone call, there is a lot we need to discuss, sorry I've been lacking...It's been hectic after work, no time it seems...
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #1529
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

So with the snow issue at silver city, does it mean we won't be able to make it all the way there? Chili ,If your bringing the BBQ I'll bring some Hamburger(since I'm employed now). If I could get a rough head count on the number of people that will make it easier for me.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #1530
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Do you have quick disco's yet? I just put some on our JK and what a difference it makes.
We have not yet. I know they make a huge difference on the TJ and the XJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
So with the snow issue at silver city, does it mean we won't be able to make it all the way there? Chili ,If your bringing the BBQ I'll bring some Hamburger(since I'm employed now). If I could get a rough head count on the number of people that will make it easier for me.
Count us in for 2

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.