Idaho - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #1501
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
Sinbad- hey man so did you get rid of your jeep?
Sinbad, look what you got started....now you have people thinking you got rid of your jeep!

GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #1502
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sinbad- hey man so did you get rid of your jeep?

Any one-- any runs coming up?

Chilli-- I took the front doors off the XJ and now im trying to figure out how I want to build some. How are you doing yours? Or are you ordering ones? Or using stock doors? i have an idea of takeing 2 pipes and welding a plate to the end so they will bolt to the hinges and then have the other ends meet forming a triangle and using a some typ of hook to hook on too the latch post!!! Any body have any other ideas???
I can't use factory doors because of the modifications I've done so I'll be making my own doors. They will look something like this but the triangle portion will probably be smaller with spaces for speakers; maybe... The good thing is I don't have to rely on the factory hinges so I can pretty much build them however I like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude5 View Post
hey im just wondering where you guys got your lifts installed?

or did you do them yourselves?
Some of us do them ourselves and some have it done. Like Grizzly said check out Bucks and 4 Wheel Parts but if you want to do it yourself don't hesitate to ask questions...that's what the forum is about...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #1503
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
I didn't know I did, I guess I'll have to put one up, You thought I took it down because I bought a new jeep didn't you. Well not yet, I'm still hoping you'll let me drive around with you in the WJ
Whatever happened to the transmission situation?

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #1504
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

O ok thanx Chilli. That lower pic is a 2 door cherokee and mine is a 4 door so I think my door will be really um....short/stuby if I do it like that. It will look great on yours thoe!!! I m also trying to do it really simple cause i have a lot of building to do...I think next winter After I get back from the honey moon, ill start building mine really similar to yours...... O yea Im telling every body I proposed a week ago or 2 ago to my Girl friend!!!!!!!!
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #1505
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
O ok thanx Chilli. That lower pic is a 2 door cherokee and mine is a 4 door so I think my door will be really um....short/stuby if I do it like that. It will look great on yours thoe!!! I m also trying to do it really simple cause i have a lot of building to do...I think next winter After I get back from the honey moon, ill start building mine really similar to yours...... O yea Im telling every body I proposed a week ago or 2 ago to my Girl friend!!!!!!!!
Roger that on the doors. Google Cherokee tube doors; there are a ton of pictures out there of 4 door XJ's with tube doors to get some ideas from.

And congrats on the proprosal. The best advice I can give you is if/when you ever hit some rough times remember that something has to fill the space between all the good times...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #1506
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone want to do some exploring this weekend? I don't really care where we go but I need to get off the street for a while - I need some motivation to get back to work on the XJ! Saturday is supposed to be mid 60's with 30% chance of rain - good enough for me!

Lot's of places I've been thinking about going...

1) North/East of Idaho City then back through Pine/Featherville area
2) Silver City
3) Placerville
4) The road to Jordan Valley (through Silver City if I remember correctly)
5) North on 55 - either by Warm Lake or Sage Hen Res...
6) Atlanta area

I say we get an early start and bring some lunch...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #1507
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Anyone want to do some exploring this weekend? I don't really care where we go but I need to get off the street for a while - I need some motivation to get back to work on the XJ! Saturday is supposed to be mid 60's with 30% chance of rain - good enough for me!

Lot's of places I've been thinking about going...

1) North/East of Idaho City then back through Pine/Featherville area
2) Silver City
3) Placerville
4) The road to Jordan Valley (through Silver City if I remember correctly)
5) North on 55 - either by Warm Lake or Sage Hen Res...
6) Atlanta area

I say we get an early start and bring some lunch...
Very tempting...I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm reading this late and can't think straight...
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #1508
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i would probably be good to go on a silver city run or jordan valley road, the back way into that could be a blast right now
Unread 04-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #1509
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

No time

Hey everyone, Started the new job last week and now I have no time to do anything again. ugh, I've been trying to stop by Chilli to see the roll cage but I get home in time to eat and sleep, and Broam, no I still have the WJ. My Transmission is another mess, Peterson replaced the valve body they said was bad from the other shop and put it back together and it still did not shift, so they said it was the clutches.

They pulled it back out to look at the clutches and they were fine, so they are putting a new valve body in again. I should know today what the out come is.
Anyone up for a trail run Saturday, I'm off and eager to get out somewhere?
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #1510
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Depending on which day I might be up for a run.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #1511
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Very tempting...I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm reading this late and can't think straight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprestin View Post
i would probably be good to go on a silver city run or jordan valley road, the back way into that could be a blast right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
Hey everyone, Started the new job last week and now I have no time to do anything again. ugh, I've been trying to stop by Chilli to see the roll cage but I get home in time to eat and sleep, and Broam, no I still have the WJ. My Transmission is another mess, Peterson replaced the valve body they said was bad from the other shop and put it back together and it still did not shift, so they said it was the clutches.

They pulled it back out to look at the clutches and they were fine, so they are putting a new valve body in again. I should know today what the out come is.
Anyone up for a trail run Saturday, I'm off and eager to get out somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
Depending on which day I might be up for a run.
Definitely thinking Saturday and I'm ok with Silver City if everyone else is.

Oh and Sinbad, there's not much to see for a cage yet. I've got the main hoop bent up but it needs to be shortened and is currently leaning against my press.

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #1512
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Hey all!
How often do you guys make runs? I am kinda a newb so its also if your willing to drag me around also

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #1513
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Definitely thinking Saturday and I'm ok with Silver City if everyone else is.

What time are you thinking?

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #1514
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
What time are you thinking?
9'sh...? Probably leave Dan's Ferry at 9:30...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #1515
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
9'sh...? Probably leave Dan's Ferry at 9:30...
So lets make this happen, looks like a few people are up for it, looks like a Silver City is good for most people, Who's leading on this stock or better run?(Because I'm stock you know). If not silver City, Chili was saying today maybe head up north, I'll go with you there also.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.