Great camping spots? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Great camping spots?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Camp
2005 WK 

Great camping spots?

Been a while since I have been in here. With summer quickly approaching, I am looking for some new camping spots. Preferably somewhat close to Boise, the furthest away say 4 hours or so. Only saying that cause I have an 18 month old son, and this will be his first summer out camping! Don't want to be too far away from home. Any suggestions?

Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A lot of camp sites up and down highway 21 that are pretty close.
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow, within 4 hours is easy. Rabbit Creek area near Idaho City. Featherville and Pine, and Fall Creek area. Silver City. The Trinities, House Mountain area. Desert camping in the Owyhees. Warm Lake area, Yellow Pine is beautiful but pushing your time limit. It is pretty much endless, just depends on what you want for camping.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Camp
2005 WK 

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm headed out to rabbit creek today to check it out.
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Camp
2005 WK 

Went up to rabbits creek, but it was closed off. Came back towards Idaho City about a mile and drove up bannock creek. Found a couple alright spots for camping but also found an awesome 4 wheeling park I guess you could call it. Played around in it for a while and had a great time.

Couple shots in Idaho City.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.