Best place to buy steel in the Boise area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Best place to buy steel in the Boise area?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

Best place to buy steel in the Boise area?

I am tired of welding on the floor so need to build a Welding Table. Looking for 3/8" plate cut to 2'x4'. Pacific Recycling only sells full sheets 4'x8'.
THX Doug

BOISERUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Have you tried Pacific Steel in Nampa-just north of the Interstate off Franklin exit?

Possibly call Farwest Steel off Broadway/Enterprise?
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the reply Tumbleweed. I will call Farwest Steel. I did the Pacific thing but was looking for something in Boise(Dont get out to the Canyon very often)
THX Doug
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
PeejPilot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I havent personally checked them out but heard good stuff about Jack's Metal Works in garden city. Also theres a place called Lasasco i believe. Its off of emerald (executive) near the pacific pride fuel station. Dont go there around noon as the whole shop appearantly takes lunch at the same time, and i wasnt able to get anything from them.
PeejPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jack's is a little steep on prices but can cut or bend what you want. Watch the "per cut" price. I got something there I needed cut, and the prices were outrageous. I had some rockers bent there that came out well but they were one of the few that could bend them. I use them as a last choice, or if I need it bent.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Whenever I'm in the area I go to Pacific Steel in Boise (off Emerald?) and see what they have in the scrap pile. I built the majority of my XJ with recycled steel from that place - so much that I sometimes call it "Project Recycled".

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
PeejPilot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yah jacks was steep! I bought a sheet of tread plate for my dad and some some 6in circles I wanted for shooting targets. 6 of em were $49! But she misread her writing and gave them to me for 29! Thumbsup thanks for the tip chili - ill have to check it out
PeejPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you're still lookin for distributors inthe area let me know. I work in metal sales currently and deal with lots of places locally. I'll steer you inthe right direction
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

Yes please....point away. I will need a place that can sell and shear/cut plate steal. Idaho steal and recycling in Boise does not.
THX Doug
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Gem state meTals for smaller cut to size orders. Far west for big orders ($200-250 minimum).
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.