Wheeling near Carlton--Trask??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Wheeling near Carlton--Trask???

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
camhock
2004 WJ 

Wheeling near Carlton--Trask???

I went out for a little drive out of Dundee the other day and ended up outside of Carlton up on Boundary Rd off of Nestucca Access Rd which I think is part of Trask Mountain...Anyway anyone do any wheeling up around there??? I found lot's of fun stuff to play on. Anyone got a trail map???

camhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Alkaline
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That is my stomping ground!!!!

I usually head up the Pike Rd/Belt Rd way to get there. There's plenty of good trails and mudholes up there once you are past the 10 mile point or so. Recently we found a killer hillclimb trail thats fun for all skill levels and vehicle capability. As in most popular logging access areas, it gets gated off during the summer heat to prevent the *******es from starting forest fires when they have their redneck beer bashes (they leave a lot of garbage too..).

You can get some very detailed maps at any foresry center in the wash/yamhill county area, they are trask mtn specific and also come in laminated versions if you are like me and end up with mud in my cab...

I'm always looking for more trail friends, especially in jeeps, so hit me up with a message if you ever want to mob around up there....
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
Alkaline
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, it bleeped me automatically!!!! **** -censorship
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
camhock
2004 WJ 

Awesome...Thanks! I've been going up to the end of Boundary rd to where it hits Headquarters grade...there is a big rock face and a bunch of gravel up there perfect for target shooting. Next time I go I'll PM you.
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camhock View Post
Awesome...Thanks! I've been going up to the end of Boundary rd to where it hits Headquarters grade...there is a big rock face and a bunch of gravel up there perfect for target shooting. Next time I go I'll PM you.

I remember Trask from my old dirt bike days. Never rode there. I'd love to check it out with my Jeep. Any suggested routes from the Portland area?
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
camhock
2004 WJ 

If you have a GPS just enter trask mountain road in yamhill and it will bring you up to the meat of it....from portland it would probably be best to come up hwy 6 and go through Brown's camp to get there.
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
plazma
1989 XJ Cherokee 

when you guys go next pm me too. i wanna go. i use to run crosscountry back in highschool on that mountain
plazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
XJTino
1979 J-Series Truck 

I may be kinda late but I too have been wanting to check this area out. Let me know if any of you are headed up there.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Working with cars is a little like a really awesome date: you start out expecting this to be simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you thought."[/FONT]

[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I [U]drove[/U] [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"]okee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('92 XJ)
then I wrecked him...
So Then...
[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I [U]drove[/U] [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]r[/COLOR]okee[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('93 XJ)
then I rolled him...
Now...
[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I drive [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"] Clifford[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('79 J-20)
XJTino is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.