went up goat mtn yesterday - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > went up goat mtn yesterday

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
ELEVATIONOFFRD
1988 YJ Wrangler 

went up goat mtn yesterday

went up goat mtn there was about 6" of snow and still dumping pretty good. there was alot of wheelers up there awesome to see.

ELEVATIONOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just how does one get to Goat Mt?
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No pics? Who cares!

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Just how does one get to Goat Mt?
It's outside of Estacada, probably about hour from Gresham. There is a Ranger station out there along the highway in that has maps of the area. Goat Mountain is off of the highway to Mollala from Estacada, 213 I think. Take Hillock Burn Road if I remember right and it takes you up to the trails. It's Forest Service roads and there is a lake and a tower up there. Has been many years since I've been out that way, at least up the hill so going off of memory.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by md41969 View Post
It's outside of Estacada, probably about hour from Gresham. There is a Ranger station out there along the highway in that has maps of the area. Goat Mountain is off of the highway to Mollala from Estacada, 213 I think. Take Hillock Burn Road if I remember right and it takes you up to the trails. It's Forest Service roads and there is a lake and a tower up there. Has been many years since I've been out that way, at least up the hill so going off of memory.
COOL!! Thank you very much.
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
ELEVATIONOFFRD
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yes it is off hillockburn rd but the gate is closed to go to the towers but if you take the 45 rd off of hillock there is trails all over there just remember to please keep it clean they are going to shut all those roads down up there ecept the main 2 I am seeing what we can do to keep the trails open up there i know there is alot of wheelers that go up there so any help would b appreciated any advice on who to talk to would be helpful also thanks and have fun
ELEVATIONOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanddee2 View Post
yes it is off hillockburn rd but the gate is closed to go to the towers but if you take the 45 rd off of hillock there is trails all over there just remember to please keep it clean they are going to shut all those roads down up there ecept the main 2 I am seeing what we can do to keep the trails open up there i know there is alot of wheelers that go up there so any help would b appreciated any advice on who to talk to would be helpful also thanks and have fun
Get Pistons Wild involved. They are the club that is getting the trails opened in Yacolt Burn for 4x4s. Home check their forum out, it's free.
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wrap up

So I went to Goat Mtn today for the first time. Nice ride! Turned around when icy snow got too slippery for forward progress. Want to go back soon, preferably not alone. And with someone that knows the area some. Thanks to all for the tips.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've been wanting to get out there to check it out but it's quite a drive. I grew up out there but never explored up there too much so I'd probably need a guide also.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.