URGENT: emails needed ASAP to support wheeling in E. Oregon! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > URGENT: emails needed ASAP to support wheeling in E. Oregon!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
kizer

URGENT: emails needed ASAP to support wheeling in E. Oregon!

Need emails of support for two ATV grant requests that have to be submitted this week. Apologies for the short notice, but time is of the essence! If you could do it tonight, that would not be too soon!

The sale of ATV permits in Oregon is what funds the ATV programs, trails, and wheeling areas in Oregon. They distribute the money through a grant process, and your letters of support are very helpful in securing those grant dollars. Your letters of support will be printed and attached to the grant applications and read by the Oregon ATV Committee that decides where the money goes. This is a super easy way to support wheeling in Oregon. Even if you live in Argentina and want to support 4-wheeling in general, now is your chance.

I need anyone who wants to support Oregon wheeling to send two emails:

The first email is for Virtue Flat OHV Area, it's an operations and maintenance grant that includes trail signing and maintenance, staging area upkeep, porta-potty rental, cleanup, seasonal staffing, and that sort of thing. It should be addressed to the "ATV Committee", but emailed to

kmccoy@or.blm.gov

The second email is for the new Mt. Emily Recreation Area, a big chunk of property recently acquired by Union County specifically for motorized recreation. There is big potential here to create new - NEW - wheeling trails just a stone's throw from La Grande, Oregon. To give you an idea what the grant is about, please read this excerpt from the email I got:

Quote:
I need letters of recommendation for the O&M Grant due at the end of next week and it would be great to get some from the Class II users. If there is any way you and your wheeling buddies can email me some quick letters by next Monday I would greatly appreciate it. These carry heavy weight with the ATV Committee, some actually read those before looking at the application. So we are applying for funds to get operation and maintenance related equipment, including a couple quads, trailer, hand tools, porta-potties, regulatory signs, etc. Any letters can be emailed to me but directed to the ATV Committee (Dear ATV Committee, blah blah...), addressing the need to get Mt. Emily open in the spring for all motorized users and your support for the project and more class II opportunities. Anything at all is deeply appreciated. Thanks again, look forward getting this place open in the spring!
As mentioned, the email should also be directed at the ATV Committee. Send that one to:

cvavra@union-county.org

This makes a big difference, and it is a very easy way to get involved and support your sport!

Thanks! Now, go send those emails! Doesn't have to be long or wordy, just tell them you support those areas and want to see the projects funded so that there will be more 4x4 trails in eastern Oregon.

Original source
http://www.links4jeeps.com/forum/index.php?topic=8975

kizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.