TSF W2E Sat (6/4) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > TSF W2E Sat (6/4)

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

Post TSF W2E Sat (6/4)

Anyone up for a TSF West 2 East run this Saturday?

Meetup in Jim's parking lot in Banks at 8am
Head out to the west end of the TSF OHV area (Roger's Rd/Lee's Camp/??)
Make our way back up the easy to moderate trails heading back eastward
Taking time for some picnic/brown bagger snack/lunch break to regroup on plans for which trails to hit next.

...your rig doesn't have to be clean to come and wheel in the woods

JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles View Post
Anyone up for a TSF West 2 East run this Saturday?

Meetup in Jim's parking lot in Banks at 8am
Head out to the west end of the TSF OHV area (Roger's Rd/Lee's Camp/??)
Make our way back up the easy to moderate trails heading back eastward
Taking time for some picnic/brown bagger snack/lunch break to regroup on plans for which trails to hit next.

...your rig doesn't have to be clean to come and wheel in the woods
It's been awhile (when I was stock) since I last been on Rogers Road (36). From what I remember, it was a nice trail. You could even go further south and hit Firefox (41f). Afterward, heading back east, is Archers - always fun to transverse and be a spectator on sections like Waterfall (28e) and Can Opener (28b).
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

We can do that... look forward to meeting you for this run out at Jim's
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok meetup 8:00am at the Banks Thriftway parking lot (next to the Chevron gas station). I'm the bearded islander in the Green Sahara TJ . Looks like it's going to be a nice day for a run .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

Unread 06-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #5
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't get to take that much pictures, but it was a nice run. The day was nice and hot, but on the trails - the canopy kept it cool.

Trails run in order:

Rogers Road (36)
Firefox (41f)

JumpsInPuddles taking a turn at Firefox:

Unread 06-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
I didn't get to take that much pictures, but it was a nice run. The day was nice and hot, but on the trails - the canopy kept it cool.

Trails run in order:

Rogers Road (36)
Firefox (41f)

JumpsInPuddles taking a turn at Firefox:
IslandTJ = Is this run you went on something stock and Modified Jeep Wranglers could do? and is it easy to find and follow? I am planning a run for the Jeep Wranglers Group this month and I am looking for a good run to take them on, and sounds like this would be perfect. I don't know the area well but I can read a map so I can find my way around.
1991 YJ I6 4.7 Stroker 248hp 5-speed manual
Oregonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonwolf View Post
IslandTJ = Is this run you went on something stock and Modified Jeep Wranglers could do? and is it easy to find and follow? I am planning a run for the Jeep Wranglers Group this month and I am looking for a good run to take them on, and sounds like this would be perfect. I don't know the area well but I can read a map so I can find my way around.
Mainly stock, JumpsInPuddles wheels a stock Liberty and had a great time with zero damage. For modified rigs, it a nice leisurely trail with a nice view of a valley in the middle of Rogers and Firefox. Note in the beginning of the Rogers trail there is enough side growth to impart fine (not deep) scratches on the side of a rig; not too bad, but may cause concern for those who are worried about trail rash. Additionally, Rogers has to have the most rain water run-off berms I've seen, compared to other class II trails in TSF.

It's easy to find, on hwy 6 just exit left on milepost 18 (Jordan Creek) and Rogers Road is the very first trail on your right.

Unread 06-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the information, do you know of any other trails that would be better in TSF for a Group of Wranglers? We are looking at about 15 to 20? We plan to run a trail find a nice place for a sack lunch and then run another trail. Even if there are side roads in place for stock rigs to go around hard areas on a moderate trail would be fine. I have only been there once and ran Powerline #6 (easy) and was board to death, good for someone who has never been on a dirt road in their life but other then that, not very interesting. If you know of a site I could go to and get this type of information instead of bugging you please let me know, I don't wan't to come off as a pest. I just noticed you seem to have a lot of knowledge about TSF.
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Outdoors
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Other trails for stockers to consider are
possibly Hood Raiser, and Cedar Tree which are both good trails..

Those trails can change on any day especially Cedar Tree which can be elevated from stock with just a few rocks moving.
Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Outdoors , it's been a while. Tim updated me on the news of your latest Jeep, lol .

Oregonwolf, Cedar Tree (13) would be a good trail for your group. Additionally, I know you mentioned Browns Powerline (6), but I think you'll enjoy Powerline (4) more, especially sections b - d, section e of 41 is called Little Rubicon and is suited more for built rigs. When there are a bunch of rigs attempting Little Rubicon, it's worthwhile to watch as a spectator. Between the two, there are a lot of side areas to enjoy a lunch.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/tsf-1199717/#post11412628

Jeep safe

Unread 06-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot for all of the helpful information. I am sure I can now safely put together a good run for the group and feel confident in where we are going and what trails we are going to run. You gave me enough information for a couple of runs so I can plan another at a later date. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this, once again Thank You.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.