TSF Trip with pics 12/21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > TSF Trip with pics 12/21

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TSF Trip with pics 12/21

There was alot more snow than we expected but it made everything much different and more difficult which was fun... no damage other than a little tree hugging and coming close to sliding down the side of a trail haha

Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I coulda ripped with you guys that day. F'in Jeep picks a bad day to be stubborn

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
T-WOLF2010
1994 YJ Wrangler 

dude you should of! i slid into that tree that im like 6 inches off of in the last pic and if i went another like foot i would of slid off the trail and down a huge hill/cliff thing lol but alls well that ends well lol and that tree just like pushed down my soft top tensioner and rested on the roll bar soooo NO DAMAGE!! lol first time in a while with only fat scratches as trail scars
T-WOLF2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf42 View Post
I don't think I've ever been on this hill climb , maybe the snow and clear cut are the reasons why I don't recognize it.

Lonewolf42, what trail is this hill on?
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
Rigger007
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
I don't think I've ever been on this hill climb , maybe the snow and clear cut are the reasons why I don't recognize it.

Lonewolf42, what trail is this hill on?
I was wondering the same thing Island. Doesn't look familiar at all.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Tread Lightly
Rigger007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It was farther down on the highway im not 100% sure what it was called but i'll ask my buddy with the black yj im pretty sure he marked it on the gps.
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to see it up close
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I drove by that hillclimb a couple weekends ago... think it was off University falls road?
hillclimb.jpg.jpg  
141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #9
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The trail I know of off University is Bates (24). If that is Bates, it sure looks different with the clear cut.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

Unread 06-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's not on Bates, but not too far from there, it's a bike only trail just off the road. I think they call it Back to Back. I saw some guys on youtube screwing around on it. It's hella steep! Way steeper than the pics show. That weekend was my first time at Browns, so I was pretty dependant on the map...lol. It would be cool to go up there with you sometime Island... seems like you know that place real well.
141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141 View Post
It's not on Bates, but not too far from there, it's a bike only trail just off the road. I think they call it Back to Back. I saw some guys on youtube screwing around on it. It's hella steep! Way steeper than the pics show. That weekend was my first time at Browns, so I was pretty dependant on the map...lol. It would be cool to go up there with you sometime Island... seems like you know that place real well.
Sounds like a plan .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.