TSF Snow Run 1-20-08 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > TSF Snow Run 1-20-08

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

TSF Snow Run 1-20-08

I took the Jeep up to Brown's Camp today to see about finding some snow. That wasn't a problem!! We headed up to the top and ran the trails on Firebreak 5, which are a bit more interesting when covered with the "white stuff". We were up there with a few other local folks. One person was in a very stock TJ with 28" road tires on it... He was having problems most of the day (I know....hard to believe that "slicks" don't climb up snow covered hills).

We got all the way up to the Crushers and the snow was really deep...it swallowed one guys 39.5" tires like they were nothing. Anyway...here's a few pics I took of my Jeep while waiting for other folks to get unstuck...oh, and I also got to winch another full sized ford out of the ditch. This guy was a crew cab F-350 on 35's... He was really good at digging holes

'04 Solar Yellow Wrangler Unlimited: 3.5" RE Superflex w/ RE Monotube shocks, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, Warn XD9000i winch, Jeeperman Trail Skids & Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier with 1/4 Panel Guards. Skid row engine skid.

NW Quadriders ATV Club
nwquadriders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cool trip. Nice looking Unlimited, too.
Unread 01-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks,

It was a good trip, but the group we were up with was too much "Stop and Go" for my liking. Usually if I head up there with my wife on our own, I can cover 4-6 different trails. This time we only hit 2, although one was long with multiple sections. The snow made it fun. I may try and head back up next weekend on my own if the weather stays cold enough to keep the snow up there.

We used to have a good Jeep'n buddy down here, but he sold his rig a couple years ago and we've yet to find another person/group who likes to go up and keep a steady (not fast) pace for the entire day.
'04 Solar Yellow Wrangler Unlimited: 3.5" RE Superflex w/ RE Monotube shocks, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, Warn XD9000i winch, Jeeperman Trail Skids & Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier with 1/4 Panel Guards. Skid row engine skid.

NW Quadriders ATV Club
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
eddiek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwquadriders
I took the Jeep up to ..... Crushers and the snow was really deep...it swallowed one guys 39.5" tires like they were nothing. Anyway...here's a few pics I took of my Jeep while waiting for other folks to get unstuck...oh, and I also got to winch another full sized ford out of the ditch. This guy was a crew cab F-350 on 35's... He was really good at digging holes
Nice pics and nice Jeep. How did the 33x10.50 BFG MTs perform in that snow? I've got 33x12.50 Wrangler MTRs and am probably going to the 10.50 soon. Also will be moving to Portland in a couple of months!
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The 33x10.5's did great in the snow. Mine are siped as well, so that may have helped out. But, I just aired them down to 15 psi and they did great. I've been very happy with these tires. They seem to be a great match to my Jeep.

And...when you get to Portland let me know. I'm looking for new folks to go Jeep'n with.

NW Quadriders ATV Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.