TSF/Brown's Camp 09/17

12K views 269 replies 17 participants last post by  Shewoolf 
#1 ·
Ok people, it's on like Donkey Kong!!! :rofl:

September 17th, 0800-0900
Coleman's 9N Shady Rest
55660 Wilson River Highway
Gale's Creek, OR 97117

Breakfast, and of course for those who need to hit the Shell Station for permits ($13), snacks, and of course beverages (non-alcoholic type).

I live close to the 217 off SW 99. If anyone wants, we can meet and convoy up. Nothing like seeing a bunch of Jeeps in convoy!!!

islandTJ, what do you say we do the same meeting spot as last time? Chevron/Plaid Pantry parking lot off 217 and 99.

Can't wait to hit the trails again!!! :2thumbsup:

#148 ·
NW99XJ said:
No problem man! Sorry about those Disco's.... I'll see if I cant get soething figured out for you in the next week or so.

Yea I know SAVVY stuff,.... got a pretty good reputation from what I've heard. They sell the NOVAK kits I was tellin you about, and all the Tom Woods stuff for your drive line too.... They're mostly TJ/JK outfitters but some of that stuff crosses over into XJ country. I'll telll you one thing, their armor is pretty stout, and I wouldn't mind having some of their axles under MY rig!
No worries on the discos. CJ told me that we can get something fab'd up for them. I also talked to my friend Ted. He said he may have the adapter kit laying around and he completely forgot about needing it for the ZJ... Either way, I think I'm good! Lol
They do have some nice equipment. I could spend lots of money with them and some other places a well. But bumpers, diff guards, sliders and roof rack are going to be on my boy CJ!
I told him yo be expecting your call.

#150 ·
ArmyVet717 said:
Thank you! Now if some nice 31's would somehow appear I would be set! Lol
Are you and Oregonwolf still planning on the 17th?
Lol yeah I wish a lot of things would just appear.

We sure are! It"s on our colander in big red letters! Lol
It will be on of the few last runs before school starts for us.

Sent from my MB508 using JeepForum

#152 ·
So I just got bad news...
I heard that TSF has been closed by the state due to fire danger until we get some rain. Anyone have any other ideas???
So pissed! Got my lift done with no place to wheel!

#155 ·
Heard from a friend on facebook. There was a big group from CF and facebook going out, we were looking at around 30 rigs hitting Brown's... Not sye how much rain needs to hit, but according to the weather outlook, no rain in sight... I'm not a dunes person, but I have always wanted to go out that way. Just not the 17th since it's a bit far from home. With a prego Wife, TSF is about as far as I can go and be safe to get back in a hurry...

#157 ·
Ok. I sm thinking October 1st or 8th for a TSF run now. Might be snotty and wet, but I really want to go before baby comes. As of right today, all OHV areas are closed until further notice. I heard it normally lasts a couple weeks. There is a poker run around the 24th and 25th so I sm sure it will be crowded if it is even open by then...

#158 ·
Is there no alternative places we can go.. its really a bummer since we have 20 rigs all open to go on the 17th, i feel like we could all take a trip somewhere else...?

#159 ·
Corcor4 said:
Is there no alternative places we can go.. its really a bummer since we have 20 rigs all open to go on the 17th, i feel like we could all take a trip somewhere else...?
Unfortunately all OHV area are closed. Dunes or the coast is the only other option. I just will not be able to make it out there. Brown's is close to home in case I am needed. I actually get some service out there so my wife can get a hold of me.

#160 ·
I get some service too haha it sounds like you need a family set of HAM radios :laugh:
well i want to go wheeling :thumbdown:

#162 ·
Corcor4 said:
I get some service too haha it sounds like you need a family set of HAM radios :laugh:
well i want to go wheeling :thumbdown:
I actually thought about that. But, not too sure she will go for it. As for wheeling, I really want to go too, but obviously it was not in the cards. We wil have to hook up so you can get those injectors from me...

#164 ·
There are lots of Scenic trails up on Hood that are still open like Bennet pass to Flag Point and Parts of Barlow Road along with many others over towards the Southeast side that we could look into, but other than really hot, dusty, beautiful drives, I'm afraid they are not very challenging.

We could always plan a road trip just to see all of our new Mods we put on for the the TSF run that we couldn't have. Maybe to a Lake or Park and make it a Potluck? I't would still turn out pretty cool to see 20 or so Jeeps convoying down the road.

Just a couple of idea's, would hate to see the time and effort put into this go to waste.

#166 ·
There are lots of Scenic trails up on Hood that are still open like Bennet pass to Flag Point and Parts of Barlow Road along with many others over towards the Southeast side that we could look into, but other than really hot, dusty, beautiful drives, I'm afraid they are not very challenging.
Isn't a big chunk Mt. Hood on fire right now?
I figured with all of the wild fires up there that most of that area would be closed off..... (could be wrong though.)
I hear that areas of Yacolt, or Goat Mountain have some trails..... not sure what though (or how to get there).... but Washington might be a viable option here.

#168 ·
:umbrella: :banana: Here is my rain dance! :rofl:

Ok, this is what I heard froma guy on facebook in regards to Goat Mtn. ALL trails are closed. Only fire trails are able to be used. Any vehicles caught on the trails will be sighted and ticketed. Hefty fines from what I hear. There are a few groups trying to get it reopened, so until that happens I am thinking that is not an option.
I am not sure how many other rigs would be up to drive down a dusty dirt road for the fun of it, and with the Dollar Lake fire out of control, it could be nasty around there. People like myself with asthma were really affected on Saturday when the winds blew smoke into the SW side.
Yacolt is still being cleaned up and groups are trying to get it reopened as well, not sure how or if that would be an option. As for anywhere else, I am still too new to the area to know of anyplace... :crying::pout:

#181 ·
Goat doesn't really have that many trails, at least ones that that don't dead end. There is a fair amount of quad trails in places, but if you don't like scratches or driving down grown in trails, it's not the place for you. There is a sherriff up there most of the time also. Yacolt could be good, but it seems the DNR is never going to do anything for 4x4's. Groups like Jones Creek Trailriders haven't even been able to get any more than the original three motorcycle trails made. Pistons Wild does all kinds of clean ups and surveys and they are are rewarded with NADA! It's pretty sad how tough the tree huggers and government make it for people who enjoy motorized recreation. I think our best option would be to work with the Forest Service and get more trails made in existing spots like Browns Camp. It's an easier battle in an area with established trails and off road use history. OK, I'm done with my rant!

#169 ·
There are places in Washington, but they are quite a drive to get to (like Evans Creek, etc..) and you wanted to stay close by. What about just a Get together for a potluck or something? If everyone really want's to run trails and really don't mind driving a ways to get them. I can put together a list of Trails in Washington that I have learned about and can map them out, but since the Discovery Pass came out, they would require everyone to purchase a Washington Discovery Pass (Most Trails in Washington now require you to have one). I can do the same with Oregon, but the Trails would be farther away since most the National Forest area's are closed due to Fire or High Fire Danger.

#171 ·
I was thinking the 1st or 8th of October. A few people I know are leaning towards the 8th. All I know is I need to wheel before mid October or I am done until after the first of the year sometime since I will have a new addition at home.
No that that is a bad thing, it will just limit my wheeling time for a few months. I would like to get 1 trip in before I hang up my wheeling until April or May... :2thumbsup:

#172 ·
As long as it is a Weekend day and myself and Shewoolf know about it in advance you can count us in :thumbsup:. We can always keep busy with college coming around the corner and getting the house ready for fall. Plus the youngest and his girl want to run out to the Oregon Vortex before he start's his Saturday classes. This will be the first year the whole family will be in college at the same time.

If anyone does make plan's for the 17th like a Drive/Potluck let us know, we are free that day and so might others.

:shhh: If not, I will have to do work around the house :shhh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.