Tsf - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Tsf

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
MCObray

Tsf

I was wondering what were some of the easier trails at Browns Camp? I've never been up there and might head up with a few friends this Saturday. My XJ is completely stock and my DD. Any information is helpful because I have never been up there before. Thanks.
-Mason

Unread 04-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
If you drive in through the entrance of the Rogers camp staging area and head towards the Browns camp staging area on the west side, there is an easy trail called Browns Powerline (6). Towards the east, is Powerline (4) which is fairly easy with exception to a small section of Powerline (4c), which has a nice off camber root and small boulder slope. A stock Jeep would be able to make section (4c) during dry conditions; however, if it is wet and muddy - one may struggle and may require a tug or winch. There is a portion of Powerline where stock Jeeps should avoid – (4e) or Little Rubicon, one just needs to drive by to see why.

University Firepower (10), last I checked was closed – at least the 1st section of the trail. If open, there are some nice hill climbs/descents for a stock Jeep.

One of the longer and scenic trails, Cedar Tree (13) is a moderate trail but I’ve made it through when I was stock.

Hoodraiser (20) is also a nice trail for stock Jeeps and close by is Hogs Back (18). There are two sections to Hogs Back, a fun off camber hill climb and a longer section with extremely tight spots and turns. A stock Jeep is able to navigate through both sections although the off camber hill climb may be questionable, but I have seen stock Jeeps (including myself) make it .

On the west side of TSF (exiting off mile marker 18) there are two moderate trails: Rogers road (36) and Firefox (41). I've personally run these trails while stock.

Finally, there is Archers Firebreak (28) which has various trail conditions ranging from easy to difficult. It’s a nice long trail and contains bypasses for stock vehicles for the difficult portions.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
If you drive in through the entrance of the Rogers camp staging area and head towards the Browns camp staging area on the west side, there is an easy trail called Browns Powerline (6). Towards the east, is Powerline (4) which is fairly easy with exception to a small section of Powerline (4c), which has a nice off camber root and small boulder slope. A stock Jeep would be able to make section (4c) during dry conditions; however, if it is wet and muddy - one may struggle and may require a tug or winch. There is a portion of Powerline where stock Jeeps should avoid – (4e) or Little Rubicon, one just needs to drive by to see why.

University Firepower (10), last I checked was closed – at least the 1st section of the trail. If open, there are some nice hill climbs/descents for a stock Jeep.

One of the longer and scenic trails, Cedar Tree (13) is a moderate trail but I’ve made it through when I was stock.

Hoodraiser (20) is also a nice trail for stock Jeeps and close by is Hogs Back (18). There are two sections to Hogs Back, a fun off camber hill climb and a longer section with extremely tight spots and turns. A stock Jeep is able to navigate through both sections although the off camber hill climb may be questionable, but I have seen stock Jeeps (including myself) make it .

On the west side of TSF (exiting off mile marker 18) there are two moderate trails: Rogers road (36) and Firefox (41). I've personally run these trails while stock.

Finally, there is Archers Firebreak (28) which has various trail conditions ranging from easy to difficult. It’s a nice long trail and contains bypasses for stock vehicles for the difficult portions.
Wow thanks for the awesome feedback. I am not looking to break anything... obviously, since I am stock and don't want to start a trail, only to realize that it is very difficult. Again, it's my first time wheeling so I am pretty much inexperienced. So looks like I might want to do Archers Firebreak, and bypass all the difficult sections, Hoodraiser, and Cedar Tree possibly. Is there bypasses on Browns Powerlines?

Is there any indicators notifying how difficult the trail is?
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Wow thanks for the awesome feedback. I am not looking to break anything... obviously, since I am stock and don't want to start a trail, only to realize that it is very difficult. Again, it's my first time wheeling so I am pretty much inexperienced. So looks like I might want to do Archers Firebreak, and bypass all the difficult sections, Hoodraiser, and Cedar Tree possibly. Is there bypasses on Browns Powerlines?

Is there any indicators notifying how difficult the trail is?
Browns Powerline is a great trail to start for stock Jeeps. No bypass needed as the trail does not have any moderate or difficult obstacles from start to end .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Browns Powerline is a great trail to start for stock Jeeps. No bypass needed as the trail does not have any moderate or difficult obstacles from start to end .
Okay cool. Thanks for the good information Island, maybe sometime we'll have to get together sometime up there? Have a good one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.