Tsf - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Tsf

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
victorzj

Hey armyvet aren't you on grand krawlers site? Well you missed the run we had to browns camp
It was a blast
Thinking of going again this Saturday

victorzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzj View Post
Hey armyvet aren't you on grand krawlers site? Well you missed the run we had to browns camp
It was a blast
Thinking of going again this Saturday
LOL... Yes I am!!
I wanted to go, but I found out about it at the last minute. Since I started working, I can "kind of" afford to go out now. I am still stock, but hey... I am going out on the 14th if all stays good until then. You going out??
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
victorzj

I think you should go buy the two inch spacers and 31 for the zj
When I went I had to back up from some trails
But I took on some of Tue smaller trails with ease. I had real bar tires when I went and I recently got better ones.
Those guys are really great we should all get together soon
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #19
victorzj

I can go with you if you like this sat.. I need to go to 4wd parts anyways. I live 2 minutes away lol just let me know... I like to help buddies
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #20
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm SO glad somebody started a TSF thread. This is a far better way to set up trips and get info on local runs. Going to try and make time for that May 14th run.
Got a buddy who just got a TJ with 4" of lift and 33's. Along with my XJ, we're geared up and ready.
I was thinking of trying to make it up there this weekend, but there's still so much snow, and I've had my fill of snow wheeling for this year already. Itchin' for some dry trail runs!!!
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzj View Post
I think you should go buy the two inch spacers and 31 for the zj
When I went I had to back up from some trails
But I took on some of Tue smaller trails with ease. I had real bar tires when I went and I recently got better ones.
Those guys are really great we should all get together soon
One of the guys coming from Meford is going to give me his spacers which is way cool!! As for tires, I am looking for a "decent" set on CL. Found a couple, but I refuse to spend $400 on used tires, and with a baby on the way, money is tight... I have to work this weekend, but I am planning on the 14th for sure. No way I am NOT going to make it!!! Been waiting a long time to go out. I don't mind having to use go arounds, just getting out there will be good enough for me!
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #22
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's looking like I'm a NO-GO for any trips just yet.
Still working on motor issues.
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #23
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well i'm confirmed for May 14th. My 99 XJ, and a buddy in his '03 locked up TJ. We both have CB's.
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna try and meet up with you guys as well. I have been there about 4 times , but it is a big place and I'm not that familiar with it.
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #25
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Should be fun AND interesting. All of us have vehicles with different capabilities, and varying degree of familiarity with the trails up there. Would be nice to have someone lead the pack with a solid knowledge of the trails. I've only been up there a hand full of times in the last 6 months. Before that it had been well over 5 or 6 years, and ALOT had changed from what I remember. I used to be pretty familiar, now... not so much.
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #26
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
Should be fun AND interesting. All of us have vehicles with different capabilities, and varying degree of familiarity with the trails up there. Would be nice to have someone lead the pack with a solid knowledge of the trails. I've only been up there a hand full of times in the last 6 months. Before that it had been well over 5 or 6 years, and ALOT had changed from what I remember. I used to be pretty familiar, now... not so much.
I can't speak for the trails, but I figured I should step up and organize the trip a little. There are the guys from this thread that want to go, and the South West Oregon Jeepers.

So far from JF we have;
ArmyVet
NW99XJ
NW99XJ's hommie in a TJ
sdmoose
IslandTJ

There should be a head count for the SWO Jeepers really soon. They will be coming up Friday, and I'll hook up with them when the hit the Eugene area. If the weather is nice (haha) the plan is to camp. I threw out the idea of finding some cheap rooms in Forrest Grove, casue i'm feeling old and lazy. The camping gear is packed away.

What do you think about meeting for breakfast Saturday morning? Forrest Grove area, or some place close to the trails?

I'm thinking start out with some of the easy stuff IslandTJ talked about here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/.../#post11412628 ?
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #27
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Meeting for breakfast is a great idea, I've eaten at Coleman's Shady Rest in Gales Creek which is about 20 minutes from the Browns Camp staging area.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/colemans-shady-rest-gales-creek

Right next door to Coleman's is a Shell gas station for those who need fuel, OHV permits or a map of Browns camp .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #28
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
I'm SO glad somebody started a TSF thread. This is a far better way to set up trips and get info on local runs. Going to try and make time for that May 14th run.
Got a buddy who just got a TJ with 4" of lift and 33's. Along with my XJ, we're geared up and ready.
I was thinking of trying to make it up there this weekend, but there's still so much snow, and I've had my fill of snow wheeling for this year already. Itchin' for some dry trail runs!!!
...There was snow that I encountered last week

Not my Jeep

Hmm.. I might be in for a trip, i'll have to see if i'm scheduled for work on not.
MCObray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #29
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Man i wish it weren't so far away. 4 1/2 hours from me. my wife and i been wanting to get down there for a while but cant really do it till i get my 5th wheel car hauler built. have fun and take lots of pics..
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #30
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

So far I am booked for the 14th, CAN'T WAIT!!! I even told my boss I was going out of town that weekend just to solidify my day off!!! LOL
Stock or not, I am damn sure going to have a good time!!! Just being able to get out there will be freaking awesome!!!

Still looking for a CB, looks like Radio Shack may become my best friend for equipment... Trying to get my Mother-in-law to ship me one that my Father-in-law said I could have... If not, I fugure $50 for a CB, magnetic antenna, cable, and wiring is good...

Got a question though...
I found a set of 31's that look to be around 70-80%. My question is, can I run 31's without a lift??
I am currently running 235 Cheapo AT's, would it be better to have the 31's put on seperate rims and change them out when I head out? The only thing is I am tight on cash. I dont mind finding a free set of XJ or GC cheapo rims to mount them on, just don't want to pay a crap loadfor them.. Thoughts???
GC96ZJ@live.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.