Transmission Repair Shops? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Transmission Repair Shops?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
LarryDallas
2001 WJ 

Transmission Repair Shops?

Looking for recommendations on transmission shops in the Portland area!

A little background, I have a 2001 WJ (Grand Cherokee) with 4.7L and Quadradrive (545re transmission), 96k miles. It has been shifting rough occasionally form 1 to 2 and then also when shifting into OD. When cruising in OD there is slight surging but no noticeable change in RPMs. Idles and runs fine, accelerates fine. No codes being thrown at all. Took a guess and changed the TPS, unhooked battery too, no change.

At a loss of what to look at next. Last changed transmission fluid 36k miles ago and it still looks clean. With no codes, not sure what to do. Can anyone suggest a reputable shop that really knows jeeps? Thanks for your help!

Unread 04-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
MojoMark
1986 CJ7 

Not an endorsement from me, but I saw these guys recommended on another forum...

Erickson's In Lake O, They specialize in Jeeps.

http://www.jeepers.net/
D30 Front (Aussie Locker), AMC 20
MojoMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
LarryDallas
2001 WJ 

Thanks for the tip, they seem pretty good. Nice to find someplace local that knows jeeps.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.