trails around medford/ashland area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > trails around medford/ashland area

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
flyfishme98
2006 TJ Wrangler 

trails around medford/ashland area

my wife and i will probably be moving to the Medford/Ashland area next month from Colorado. i was wondering how the trails are in the area and what other area's are good for wheeling. thanks all.

colorado jeep club member #2006
go hard or go home!!
flyfishme98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
flyfishme98
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Come on guys, 16 people looked at it and no one has any suggestions. Help out a fellow jeeper
go hard or go home!!
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey. There is a ORA out in the White City area (north east out side of medford) There are a lot of areas you can check out around Ashland. Maybe email the ashland ranger district and see about some maps.
Benderff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
jeep201
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Klamath falls has a good jeep club, they go on runs once a month a great way to lean the area.
Klamath Four Runners 4x4 Club > Home: About Us
jeep201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
flyfishme98
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks all.
go hard or go home!!
Unread 03-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Longoddr1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Medford and the main 4x4 areas are really forest roads with old skid trails to play on. We also have an old wagon trail (45 minutes away) that is open starting in late spring (Mcgrew Trail). The area west of Ashland has a lot of old roads and trails but nothing really used a lot. There is an area up Evans Creek that follows the powerlines and is called Elderberry Flats and it is a campground. Jackson County Sports Park has some mud pits and 4x4 obstacles set up, works great for teaching and testing. Then you can always head over to the coast and play in the dunes. 2.5 hours will get you to the dunes, and also to the Bend area which has the Edison Trail which is also a seasonal trail.
Hope this gives you some info. Bend 4x4 club is Home . K-Falls is Klamath Four Runners 4x4 Club > Home: About Us
Longoddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
ihategp
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i am in grants pass (30 mins. from medford) and we go out almost every weekend. tons of trails around here. there is a club starting up in medford called the rogue valley 4 wheelers. i dont have much info on it but can get it. alot of the guys i go with are part of it. if you would like some info on the club just let me know. or if you want to just hit the trails one weekend send me a message. we normaly have a group of 8 or more rigs
ihategp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
ExodusX7X
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if you make your way over towards the coast.... we have tons of mountain trails. I'm in gold beach which is about a 2.5 hour drive but on a nice day totally worth the drive.
ExodusX7X is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.