Took Oregonwolf's beast out for some trail break in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Took Oregonwolf's beast out for some trail break in

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yj Took Oregonwolf's beast out for some trail break in

We decided to hit Browns yesterday afternoon. The Jeep formaly known as "The Ugly Duckling" needed some trail break in since having her lift, gears and lockers installed.
We discovered at Hogs Back that his jeep has a bigger butt than mine! LOL
Girls like to have small butts!

She did really good. Nothing fell off, she went everywhere he wanted her to. ( took all moderate trails except for the Black diamond part of Hogs back, but we went down instead of up. No hard throttle aloud on his jeep just yet until the gears are broken in.

Shewoolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Nice lookin rig
Corcor4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Look out Firebreak Five, here we come !
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks CorCor.

Island LOL I will meet you guys at the top
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah on trail 4e (end of powerline trail) almost lost my rig last week hahah
fav run of the day was trail 10.. i dont remember what it was called
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

4 e as in Little rubicon? LOL you are crazy LOL

I will have to look 10 up. I know them mostly by name LOL
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcor4 View Post
Yeah on trail 4e (end of powerline trail) almost lost my rig last week hahah
fav run of the day was trail 10.. i dont remember what it was called
University Firepower.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

Unread 08-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

AHHHHH Dave has been on 10 ( University Firepower) I have not. I was home sick that day ;-)

So Far I really like Hogs back, The upper portion of Firebreak 5 even though I have not gotten to drive it yet. and well I have to like Bates Road as our group has adopted it LOL
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

On University Firepower my friend took his stock wrangler on the whole thing.. he said he hardly skidded over anything, but had to avoid some larger rocks in the way so he didn't bang up his axles haha
and yeah 4e was ridiculous almost rolled down the entire thing haha my friends were sitting on the fenders so i could turn around, it was scary.
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

LOL yeah Dave's rig was stock when he did 10. In fact Friday was the first time he got to do trails with it lifted. Those stock wranglers will go just about any where. The only trail he did not try in it was Firebreak 5.

I was looking at 4 e the other day thinking if I could make it down the easy side LOL not gonna even try the side with that freaking HUGE rock the size of my house LOL
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewoolf View Post
LOL yeah Dave's rig was stock when he did 10. In fact Friday was the first time he got to do trails with it lifted. Those stock wranglers will go just about any where. The only trail he did not try in it was Firebreak 5.

I was looking at 4 e the other day thinking if I could make it down the easy side LOL not gonna even try the side with that freaking HUGE rock the size of my house LOL
yeah f that hahah the easy side tho is sooo small that large rock and then that half tree stump deal haha i can just see dents in the doors of my jeep after that... not in the mood to spend 1000 to get down a 20 yrd long trail
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So Island! have you ever been down Little Rubicon?

Yeah I'm not in to breaking anything! I wanna have fun , but still drive home in one piece LOL
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewoolf View Post
So Island! have you ever been down Little Rubicon?

Yeah I'm not in to breaking anything! I wanna have fun , but still drive home in one piece LOL
I've accidentally (there was no sign at the opposite side) drove down right to the technical portion without knowing it was Little Rubicon at the time. It was raining and when I got out to check for a proper line, my jaw dropped . Perhaps on a dry day I'd try it, but not when it's wet - as I could easily slide without purposely doing so. Least to say it was interesting backing up and turning around to drive out of my predicament. If I weren't running the TrueTrac limited slips, I definitely would have been stuck...

Unread 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would have loved to see your face! LOL

Dave says it must be bad if even Island has not done it lol
Unread 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

If I remember right there is a YouTube video of a Toyota van going down that section. I wouldn't try it but would watch somebody else.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.