Southern Or. Off Road Spots? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Southern Or. Off Road Spots?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
ColemanPenkala
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Southern Or. Off Road Spots?

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knew any good spots to do a little off roading in Southern Oregon particularly around medford.

ColemanPenkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Try searching in the "Wheeling Neighborhood" forum. This is tech?Welcome to JF! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
ColemanPenkala
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha sorry.. im new here =P didnt notice i put it in "tech" thanks though
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Moved it for you, welcome to JF.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
ColemanPenkala
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thank you! =]
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #6
jantzer

Lakecreek
jantzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
c-longm2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Local areas: White City Ponds in White City, Evans Creek area (Elderberry), Johns Peak outside Jacksonville.
Weather changes some of the areas from 1-5 to 6-7 on the 1-10 scale. Make sure you carry survival stuff for 3 nights stay and have a winch. I never go without another vehicle along. Also carry a vehicle charger for your cell phone.
c-longm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
ColemanPenkala
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the area's/ tips! i think i might go check out johns peak tomorrow with my dad if i can convince him to come/ if the weather is alright. i dont have a winch but i have a hi-lift jack and some towing straps.. would that work?
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

It will work, just don't expect to do anything very quickly. We carry several come-alongs with us (hand winches) even if we do have a vehicle with a winch, Cause sometimes things like this need to be done

(Winch on the front of the bronco was hooked on a tree in front and to the left of the bronco, while we had a come-along and recovery strap hooked to the back to pull the tail end around. We had to keep both hooked on, cause everytime he would drive, he would slide to the right off the trail. This was up Antioch, out in Sams Valley)

I'd also recommend Elk Creek. It's up past Shady Cove. You can either turn off on the Tiller highway and play around in West Fork, or keep going up the road til you hit Elk Creek. They both have some good areas to play around in. Mainly muddy stuff. I dunno what exactly you are looking for. Btw, you want recovery straps, not tow straps. Tow straps have no flex in them; might as well use a chain. A recovery strap gives you a bit of flex , which = a bit more forgiving on your vehicles when you're tearing one out of a bog.

The White City ponds are a good place to go to get muddy, but there's a really good chance of breaking something out there. It's mainly a bunch of big, deep mud puddles that have been ran by people running 35-52 inch tires, which means that when you drive something like my Jeep, on 31's, you get swallowed up in a pond very quickly. And of course you can't tell the depth until you're intake deep in it. John's Peak is a cool area, but I have never wheeled up there. We used to ride our motorcycles up there all the time, but I haven't been up since I got my jeep. Elderberry Flats is pretty awesome.
marksman1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
ColemanPenkala
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i watched a video of a guy in a f350 riding on 42's and the water was close to his windshield that was pretty crazy. elk creek is a fun place ive been up there once or twice. i never knew there was much of a difference between the two though i think my dad has one so i might steal his lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.