sorta about salem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > sorta about salem

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
demonoid369
1997 XJ Cherokee 

sorta about salem

so I did a search here i the oregon section and most of the post pertaining to salem are old, I saw one say the salem jeepers and checked out the site but its going to be impossible to go to a meeting since I work nights so the question really is there any salem ish people here that I can run with that the trails are mild to meduim since my xj is relatively stock as of right now. mainly wanting to go out and have fun and practice if you may. because from what I'm reading is browns is for the more experienced and more trail modded rigs. mine will get there soon but as of now its fairly stock and I want to go out wheeling with people.

demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You can do some of thetrails at Browns. Power line, cedar tree are all do-able with a fairly stock rig.
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
demonoid369
1997 XJ Cherokee 

are those at browns or somewhere else?
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Brown's camp. There are some other easy trails like Hood Raiser as well. Stop at the Shell Station in Gales Creek on the way out and get a trail map. It's free. You can also P/U your OHV sticker too.

Here's a link for the map as well.

http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...s/tsfohv09.pdf
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
I ran Browns when I was stock - it was fun, still is. Stay on the green and blue trails...
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
gebirgziege
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I run some cascade trails just 30 mins east of Salem every now and then. Stock rig can make it.
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
demonoid369
1997 XJ Cherokee 

where? got directions?
Unread 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
gebirgziege
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369
where? got directions?
Shoot me a pm.
I don't want everyone blowin out my spots.
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

There's a club called Salem Jeepers, some of them are cool. Most are old people who are "cliquey," IMO and you have to attend meetings to run with them. The meetings are on like Tuesdays at like 3pm or something. Between bingo and supper.
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpipelayerxj View Post
There's a club called Salem Jeepers, some of them are cool. Most are old people who are "cliquey," IMO and you have to attend meetings to run with them. The meetings are on like Tuesdays at like 3pm or something. Between bingo and supper.
oh damn... That made me laugh.
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
gebirgziege
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpipelayerxj
Actually I believe meetings are Wednesday's at 7 located a Roberson jeep dealership-
At the mission and Hawthorne intersection.

I'm 27, not cliquey, and it's after work before my fire departments business meeting for me.

It all depends on who goes. The more young people go, the more some change happens, and there is a bingo hall a mile away you could go to after- if you're in to that. Lol
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon

Quote:
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

It's true... I'm not the first person to feel this way either. It's complete bs if you can't make it to the once a month meeting you can't wheel with them? Sorry some of us aren't retired and have things to do on week nights. And for those of you not "older than dirt," that can make it. Good for you and your schedule that doesn't do anything for me so idgaf. Most clubs would accept this and still allow people to wheel with them in a large group... Pretty sad really. If I were out on a trail and saw a person I didn't know that wanted to tag along in a group I wouldn't say " sorry no you aren't in the club and missed last Mondays bingo match."
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
Dohc91gli
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm about 40 min west of salem in McMinnville, just a few miles into the trask for me. there is some fun little stuff up here to do. Message me, I'm always down to go mess around. I work saturdays but off sundays and mondays. I have a fairly stock XJ as well. (2"ish shackle and coil spacer on 30x9.50)
Dohc91gli is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.