JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/)
-   -   sorta about salem (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/sorta-about-salem-1430148/)

demonoid369 10-22-2012 02:51 AM

sorta about salem

so I did a search here i the oregon section and most of the post pertaining to salem are old, I saw one say the salem jeepers and checked out the site but its going to be impossible to go to a meeting since I work nights so the question really is there any salem ish people here that I can run with that the trails are mild to meduim since my xj is relatively stock as of right now. mainly wanting to go out and have fun and practice if you may. because from what I'm reading is browns is for the more experienced and more trail modded rigs. mine will get there soon but as of now its fairly stock and I want to go out wheeling with people.

141 10-23-2012 11:16 AM

You can do some of thetrails at Browns. Power line, cedar tree are all do-able with a fairly stock rig.

demonoid369 10-23-2012 07:47 PM

are those at browns or somewhere else?

141 10-24-2012 01:43 PM

Brown's camp. There are some other easy trails like Hood Raiser as well. Stop at the Shell Station in Gales Creek on the way out and get a trail map. It's free. You can also P/U your OHV sticker too.

Here's a link for the map as well.

http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...s/tsfohv09.pdf

IslandTJ 10-27-2012 08:10 PM

I ran Browns when I was stock - it was fun, still is. Stay on the green and blue trails...

gebirgziege 10-31-2012 03:55 AM

I run some cascade trails just 30 mins east of Salem every now and then. Stock rig can make it.

demonoid369 11-02-2012 12:42 AM

where? got directions?

gebirgziege 11-02-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonoid369
where? got directions?

Shoot me a pm.
I don't want everyone blowin out my spots.

nwpipelayerxj 11-11-2012 08:12 AM

There's a club called Salem Jeepers, some of them are cool. Most are old people who are "cliquey," IMO and you have to attend meetings to run with them. The meetings are on like Tuesdays at like 3pm or something. Between bingo and supper.

141 11-11-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwpipelayerxj (Post 14435512)
There's a club called Salem Jeepers, some of them are cool. Most are old people who are "cliquey," IMO and you have to attend meetings to run with them. The meetings are on like Tuesdays at like 3pm or something. Between bingo and supper.

:rofl: oh damn... That made me laugh.

gebirgziege 11-13-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwpipelayerxj

Actually I believe meetings are Wednesday's at 7 located a Roberson jeep dealership-
At the mission and Hawthorne intersection.

I'm 27, not cliquey, and it's after work before my fire departments business meeting for me.

It all depends on who goes. The more young people go, the more some change happens, and there is a bingo hall a mile away you could go to after- if you're in to that. Lol

IslandTJ 11-13-2012 01:47 PM

:eek:

Quote:

:rofl:

Benderff 11-13-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

:rofl:

nwpipelayerxj 11-15-2012 09:55 AM

It's true... I'm not the first person to feel this way either. It's complete bs if you can't make it to the once a month meeting you can't wheel with them? Sorry some of us aren't retired and have things to do on week nights. And for those of you not "older than dirt," that can make it. Good for you and your schedule that doesn't do anything for me so idgaf. Most clubs would accept this and still allow people to wheel with them in a large group... Pretty sad really. If I were out on a trail and saw a person I didn't know that wanted to tag along in a group I wouldn't say " sorry no you aren't in the club and missed last Mondays bingo match."

Dohc91gli 04-27-2013 02:28 AM

I'm about 40 min west of salem in McMinnville, just a few miles into the trask for me. there is some fun little stuff up here to do. Message me, I'm always down to go mess around. I work saturdays but off sundays and mondays. I have a fairly stock XJ as well. (2"ish shackle and coil spacer on 30x9.50)

The time now is 09:38 AM.