Shotgun Creek OHV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Shotgun Creek OHV

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Nicodez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Shotgun Creek OHV

Headed out in the rainy weather today to check out the Shotgun Creek OHV park in Marcola, OR. Majority of the park is designated to quads and motorcycles but there is a small run for jeeps. At this point I'm running extremely stock. Little did we know that the trail would have a 10 foot rutted out drop and a mud bog at the bottom. None of us were ready for that kind of wheelin' so we headed back the opposite way.

All in all if was a pretty fun trip, snowed on us up there. Anyone in the Corvallis/Eugene area I suggest you check it out and see if you can do the whole thing!

-Ryan

jf.jpg   jf1.jpg  
Nicodez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

You guys would have made it through that with no problems.
'04 Solar Yellow Wrangler Unlimited: 3.5" RE Superflex w/ RE Monotube shocks, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, Warn XD9000i winch, Jeeperman Trail Skids & Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier with 1/4 Panel Guards. Skid row engine skid.

NW Quadriders ATV Club
nwquadriders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #3
Nicodez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ya it think the extra rain and snow made it look a lot worse; now that i've had all day to think about it!
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
aaron1981
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've done that drop a few times. I run 2" lift and 32's and made it. Going down is easy going back up is the problem. The end of the trail is just past that so you didn't miss anything. You have to watch out up there. There is a lot of trails that are off limits. There is a few more good ones if you head up over the ridge to the other side. Next time your down this way let me know. I have a guy that goes up there almost every weekend and knows all of it by heart.
aaron1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
ABerry
2004 WJ 

i've been up there 3 weekends in a row as well as yesterday... when do you guys go??? I never see anyone up there
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Nicodez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We were up there on the 14th. Around noon i think. Didn't see anyone on the trail when we were there
Unread 05-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Cavey110670
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Shotgun Creek

I was wondering if you got to try out the full shotgun creek because I was thinking about giving it a go. Is it even really worth the trip or no. You might want to try Noonday Trail
Cavey110670 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
zjxc7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone ever come down to the Rogue Valley? Everyone down here drives yotas. Im actually going to be going to Oregon State here in fall so someone is going to have to show me some trails up there.

1994 Black ZJ: 5.2l v8, blacked out, 3.5" IRO lift, 32 mud terrain-SOLD
zjxc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjxc7 View Post
Does anyone ever come down to the Rogue Valley? Everyone down here drives yotas. Im actually going to be going to Oregon State here in fall so someone is going to have to show me some trails up there.
Look up "southern oregon jeeps" on facebook. This trail is out of the Eugene area so it's a long drive from Oregon State.
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
zjxc7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Look up "southern oregon jeeps" on facebook. This trail is out of the Eugene area so it's a long drive from Oregon State.
oh ok, gotcha. I'm actually not on facebook. I have resorted to JeepForum

1994 Black ZJ: 5.2l v8, blacked out, 3.5" IRO lift, 32 mud terrain-SOLD
zjxc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

how far was the drive from corvallis (time and miles)
id be interested in going sometime. or if you have any good places near town that are not just logging roads...
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
jeeptorino68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptorino68 View Post
how far was the drive from corvallis (time and miles)
id be interested in going sometime. or if you have any good places near town that are not just logging roads...
Google map it from your house to Marcola OR. The original post was from 2009 so you might not hear back from him.
Unread 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
rcharb

This might help- http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t...tions_6f63.htm
rcharb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.