Rogue Valley Roll Call! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Rogue Valley Roll Call!

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rogue Valley Roll Call!

come on southern oregon where ya at?

08jk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
crook8891
2000 TJ Wrangler 

just moved nacked to San Jose, Ca from Central Point about 7 months ago. I still visit every couple of months.
crook8891 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
aaron1981
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have any good trails down there or places to explore. I've been wanting to head down there and check out that area. I've been in Oregon (Eugene) for 7 years now and still havn't really explored anything down there except for I-5
aaron1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
crook8891
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am just getting into wheeling so I haven't been anywhere as of yet. There are some good places from what I here.
crook8891 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

wassup fella's!
thanks for stoppin by!
thought this place was a ghost town for a minute there,
jeeps are everywhere! but no-one on the boards though!?
i just dont understand
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

looks like i need to do some recruiting around here!
anyone want to help the movement by sponsering stickers and flyers?
Unread 03-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

sorry aaron & crook for the late reply! yeah great trails are everywhere i'm still kinda new to the area and finding great stuff all the time! seems to be more miles of fire trails and dirt roads here than there are paved,
your welcome to post up or pm me for a meet any time you'll be in the area
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Wheeling everywhere. 140 is a good area with Hepsi mountain, 2815 (Robinson butte) and the 37 road. To the south, Wagner creek will take you up around the Pacific crest trail and will drop you into Beaver creek below Applegate lake. Lots of pretty scenery up there. North, top of 227 through South Umpqua is pretty much a point and shoot operation. South Umpqua will push you north to 138 around Steamboat. From there you can go over the mountain to Oak Ridge. Many of these old logging roads will swing you East through Trail to 62 up in the Prospect area. Good wheeling out of Salt creek, which will drop you into Butte Falls or Lake creek which will send you over Shale City to Dead Indian in the Howard Prairie lake area (Buck Prairie). You might want to get a Meskner map from Joes. Unfortunately, during the Clinton administration there was a dedicated drive to gate many access roads which can lead to some disapointingly short wheeling trips.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hear ya jd, took a drive last week after taking a peek at some areial maps, went up to jump off joe creek in hugo to scout this road i found,
starting point/ending point both on jump off joe creek with quite a bit of twists and turns up in the hills
decided first to check entry/exit points before going on said excursion and found the exit blocked with blm gate!
would have had to backtrack to starting point to get out! anyway how are those prospect trails? i've been wanting to head up there for awhile now
and this meskner map? is this a county or state map?
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

The prospect ORV area is a lot of fun but needs to be hit fairly early due to dust. However, the rest of that area is strung with literally hundreds of old logging and access roads that will send you in about every direction. The only regulation to these is the use of a insured vehicle. A good first time base camp is river bridge camp ground north of Prospect n 62. The river is stocked here which can provide a nice trout meal for dinner. Once you have spent some time exploring, you will find a ton of great places to camp. Just remember to tread lightly. Folks have abused most areas causing the closures we are seeing today. Feel free to give me a holler if you want to go out some weekend.
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

hey jd yeah, we're always looking for good camp spots, prefer primitive camping as long as the sites kid friendly, and any scenic trails of course
we'll have to hit some soon!
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:25 AM   #12
RogueRidgeRider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Cool more locals, i live in Talent
RogueRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #13
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Grew up in Medford/Ashland. Living in Eugene now, but still make it down a lot. Camping out by Hyatt lake in a few weeks.
Unread 05-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #14
Oregon YJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, not new to the area but new to trailing I,m interested in a weekend run locally. I,ve got my tj about were I want it and it's time to take it out. have gone a few places around but would like to go as a group. Thought going to gold beach via galice would be a good run once the snow has been plowed. Any Ideas or concerns?
Dom, Grants Pass
Oregon YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #15
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon YJ View Post
Well, not new to the area but new to trailing I,m interested in a weekend run locally. I,ve got my tj about were I want it and it's time to take it out. have gone a few places around but would like to go as a group. Thought going to gold beach via galice would be a good run once the snow has been plowed. Any Ideas or concerns?
Dom, Grants Pass
At the rate we're going, I don't think bear camp road will ever be clear Pretty country up there. Just be sure you get the right turn off. We took a two family trip through there a few years ago. Took the first turn off by mistake and led everybody on a merry drive around Onion mountain. My buddy to this day takes great joy in recounting my momentary lapse in navigation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.