Proud new owener!!!...What should i do to my jeep first?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Proud new owener!!!...What should i do to my jeep first?!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
ariter15

Proud new owener!!!...What should i do to my jeep first?!

Hey y'all! Im a very proud fairly new owner of a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (i got it in september) and have a birthday coming up...What should I do first to make my new Jeep badass?!? Lifts? Accessories? Lights? Whatever...you tell me!!

ariter15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
ariter15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariter15
Hey y'all! Im a very proud fairly new owner of a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (i got it in september) and have a birthday coming up...What should I do first to make my new Jeep badass?!? Lifts? Accessories? Lights? Whatever...you tell me!!
Owner******
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
matzilla2u
1986 CJ7 

That's a good question. Lift is important, but you'll want to do tires too. The first thing you'll tear off on a rock are the running board rockers, so some rocker protection is also a great idea. Bumpers, winch. In fact I think that's where is spend my money. Bumper and winch. And remember, Just Empty Every Pocket.
matzilla2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wheel it.
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know your experience level and don't want to offend but we need to know a little more about your jeep. gears it has, are the rims stock steelies or does it have some kind of rim on it already. i agree with the bumper/ winch/ tow recovery points. get out and wheel it and go from there, although too many people try to forge water or climb over rocks without the right gear so (again i don't know your skill level) just go with people who are sensible and you'll have a much better time in the long run.
also, where are you located? a group i'm with does runs around here all the time and you'd be welcome to join us.
hope this helps
Don
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
ariter15

Thanks guys! I am pretty low on the experience totem pole...but I'm excited for more!!! The jeep is just stock Unlimited Sport edition...so not much special going on there

And I am in the area, Portland-ish!
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Slow deliberate movements will get you a lot further on the trail. Did you hear about the C.O.R.E event in Monroe this Saturday? Sounds like it would be a bit of a drive for you but it's an open event.
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Armor!
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

Evap canister protection first as I almost ripped mine off the first time. Then I would say tires and wheel it and see what else you need.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wheel it.
x2!!!!!!
Quote:
Evap canister protection first as I almost ripped mine off the first time.
and this, I have seen it damaged the first time off the trail, too
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
scooberjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

really depends on budget as to what u want to do also, and kind of trails your want to run armor and lift and always good and recovery

and what is your end result for your jeep how much lift and stuff do u want
scooberjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooterTKE View Post
Evap canister protection first as I almost ripped mine off the first time. Then I would say tires and wheel it and see what else you need.
Oh yes you need to go out and buy a skip plate for twice the price of the item you are going to protect.

Yep you can rip the whole Evap Canister out of the jeep while out of the trail and the damm check engine light on the dash with be very distracting as you DRIVE the jeep to the dealership parts dept to spend 50 bucks on a new Evap canister

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
Richard_97222
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's what I did in this order- Lift,sye/drive lines, wheels and tires, gears, armor/winch and then a soft top/bikini/cargo net. Took me about 6 months to get all these things added , most of my tax refund was used! Now it's ready for summer fun! -->2004 wrangler TJ
Richard_97222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Wheel it.
Great advice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariter15 View Post
Thanks guys! I am pretty low on the experience totem pole...but I'm excited for more!!! The jeep is just stock Unlimited Sport edition...so not much special going on there

And I am in the area, Portland-ish!
Jeeps are very capable straight off the factory floor. I'd recommend to get to know your Jeep, its characteristics and limitations. When I was stock, I would often follow built rigs around TSF/Browns Camp. In my own experience, I've made it through single black diamond trails just by finesse and picking the right line. After some time and experience, you'll discover which direction to throw your money at the Jeep .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.