Places to hit the dirt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Places to hit the dirt

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
katman81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Places to hit the dirt

So I just got my TJ and the wife and I are looking for some fun places to go. Stock jeep so I am not looking at doing anything crazy just hitting the dirt mainly and finding some pretty scenery. We live in Springfield but will travel where ever for some fun.

katman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Katman, I live in Springfield as well, running a YJ on 33/12.50 MT's... I'm always looking for people to go with regardless of difficulty, I just like being out in the woods... I'm probably going up to Shotgun Creek this weekend (Saturday)... I've got a buddy with a stock Dodge Dakota tagging along, so I'll have to take it somewhat easy... PM me if you wanna go!
samseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the area as well. Shotgun is a pretty easy trip. The Noonday trail out of Cottage Grove is easy and pretty fun. The snow will close it pretty soon. There is a ghost town, and a fire look out to explore up there.
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
W7NB
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am in Springfield as well. Always up for a little run, even if it's just to sight see. A beach run later this month would be fun - no hard dunes stuff, just a run to South Jetty for a picnic on the beach, then Moe's for chowder on the way home.

1985 CJ7 With HO 4.0 Conversion
2013 JK
W7NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm down to head to the coast... Not really a big fan of doing too much in the sand though... Too much cleanup work when you get home
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
katman81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm, Ive hear alot of good things about that place down in cottage Grove. Ive only done hiking around Shotgun and it was great. i will have to hit that up soon. I am mainly doing things on Sundays when the wife and I aren't doing our homework.

Likely won't be doing much until the end of the month or February since I am still doing some work on this thing to get it at 100%. Just picked it up and it need a bit o tlc
katman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I went up shotgun Saturday, and it was good fun. We couldn't find any of the open trails up there though. I haven't been up there since high school, and most of the good ones are closed off now We ended up going over to the mcgowan side and driving through a few mud holes and calling it a day... It was fun but I need to find someone who knows the trails as they are now.
Also found a few things I need to do to the YJ before doing anything serious No flex is not so much fun...
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

There's only one Jeep trail up there now. What's the plan for the Jeep?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.