Oregon people check in - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Oregon people check in

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #811
luckychase5
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 144
SE Portland here with my new toy, 2002 WJ Overland. Need to get out on the trails soon!

__________________
Current Jeep: 2002 WJ Overland
Past Jeeps:93 ZJ, 96 XJ, 81 J10
luckychase5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #812
luckychase5
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 144
Anyone know of a cool jeep club in Portland area? Not a wrangler specific one though,
__________________
Current Jeep: 2002 WJ Overland
Past Jeeps:93 ZJ, 96 XJ, 81 J10
luckychase5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #813
luckychase5
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey4x4man
any duck hunters in the portland area here? The jeep is getting a slight break while i fofill the shooting need!
I hunt, you goin out this winter? Usually go to Netarts Bay with a buddy and his lab. You?
__________________
Current Jeep: 2002 WJ Overland
Past Jeeps:93 ZJ, 96 XJ, 81 J10
luckychase5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #814
Noplainsdrifter
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hillsboro, Or
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychase5 View Post
I hunt, you goin out this winter? Usually go to Netarts Bay with a buddy and his lab. You?
I duck hunt too, usally go to Netarts a few times a year, espicially opening day. Always looking for someone to go with. No dog, but someday!
__________________
It's a Jeep Thing, Chrysler Doesn't Understand!
Noplainsdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #815
07UnlimitedX
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 12
Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychase5 View Post
Anyone know of a cool jeep club in Portland area? Not a wrangler specific one though,
Jeepclubusa.net
Check it out. Not specific to Wranglers, open to all jeepers that are looking to get out on the trails.
07UnlimitedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #816
bmikes93
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 94
Browns camp memorial day anyone??
Hey i really want to to go browns, but i don't wanna go alone and get stuck or what.id be more scared of is breaking somethin. Does anyone want to meet me there or tag along?
bmikes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #817
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler
 
NW99XJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmikes93 View Post
Browns camp memorial day anyone??
Hey i really want to to go browns, but i don't wanna go alone and get stuck or what.id be more scared of is breaking somethin. Does anyone want to meet me there or tag along?
Its prob going to be a mad house up there, but I was kinda thinking of getting a run in over the holiday weekend anyways. I have Fri-Tues off, so yea lets plan something. I think you live in my neck of the woods too, so meeting up wont be too hard. AND we give your rig a good once over before hand. I'll PM you my contact info and we'll set it up.
__________________
5" of lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/f...-build-970888/
Built Not Bought - Senior Member
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #818
07UnlimitedX
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 12
We have a group that's meeting in North Plains Saturday morning at 8. You're welcome to join us.
07UnlimitedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #819
IslandTJ
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Posts: 3,382
On Monday morning, I'll be at the Rogers day use staging area at 10a, airing down for the run. See you guys there. I'll be the pot bellied islander in a Green Sahara .


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmikes93 View Post
Browns camp memorial day anyone??
Hey i really want to to go browns, but i don't wanna go alone and get stuck or what.id be more scared of is breaking somethin. Does anyone want to meet me there or tag along?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
Its prob going to be a mad house up there, but I was kinda thinking of getting a run in over the holiday weekend anyways. I have Fri-Tues off, so yea lets plan something. I think you live in my neck of the woods too, so meeting up wont be too hard. AND we give your rig a good once over before hand. I'll PM you my contact info and we'll set it up.
__________________
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #820
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler
 
NW99XJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
On Monday morning, I'll be at the Rogers day use staging area at 10a, airing down for the run. See you guys there. I'll be the pot bellied islander in a Green Sahara .
NICE! -It'll be good to see you again!
__________________
5" of lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/f...-build-970888/
Built Not Bought - Senior Member
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #821
IslandTJ
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Posts: 3,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
NICE! -It'll be good to see you again!
I agree, it's been awhile. This will be my first wheeling trip since my "front u-joint axle project in hell" experience.
__________________
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #822
Tinga
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
I agree, it's been awhile. This will be my first wheeling trip since my "front u-joint axle project in hell" experience.
Uh-Oh.. what happened?
We're about ready to pull the trigger on our SYE/TW Driveshaft. No more vibes YES!!!
Gotta start watching me some YouTube on how to install.

Anybody here making it to the Don't Fear The Jeeper? (Whenever that is gonna be??)
__________________
Girls like STROKIN too!
[COLOR="Magenta"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/[/COLOR]
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #823
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler
 
NW99XJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Uh-Oh.. what happened?
We're about ready to pull the trigger on our SYE/TW Driveshaft. No more vibes YES!!!
Gotta start watching me some YouTube on how to install.

Anybody here making it to the Don't Fear The Jeeper? (Whenever that is gonna be??)
If you need any help with that let me know, I'll lend a hand - i have some first hand experience in splitting a T-case and swapping the shaft out.
>
Yea I'm hoping the DFTJ (Don't Fear The Jeeper) event is going to happen again - I've already put it out there that I'd be more than happy to DJ/MC it again - I'm already booked for the Salem Jeeper's Jamboree as well. But from what I hear the DFTJ thing didnt bring as much cash as they hoped, and I personally had some issues with getting compensated afterwards for my involvement. -With that being said, I'd still do it again in a heartbeat, and I'd hope that this year there will be more of a vendor turnout, and a larger gathering of Jeepers, (not that there wasnt a good showing last year.)
__________________
5" of lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/f...-build-970888/
Built Not Bought - Senior Member
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #824
Tinga
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
If you need any help with that let me know, I'll lend a hand - i have some first hand experience in splitting a T-case and swapping the shaft out.
>
Yea I'm hoping the DFTJ (Don't Fear The Jeeper) event is going to happen again - I've already put it out there that I'd be more than happy to DJ/MC it again - I'm already booked for the Salem Jeeper's Jamboree as well. But from what I hear the DFTJ thing didnt bring as much cash as they hoped, and I personally had some issues with getting compensated afterwards for my involvement. -With that being said, I'd still do it again in a heartbeat, and I'd hope that this year there will be more of a vendor turnout, and a larger gathering of Jeepers, (not that there wasnt a good showing last year.)
I'm hoping they decide to do it as well. Looking to show some MonstaLiner love up there as well.
I'd take ya up on the offer to help, but GOD help me if I had to drive that far. She's got the heebie Jeebies at 35mph+. She'd probably bust something on the drive up lol. We just need to get it done right.....the second time around
__________________
Girls like STROKIN too!
[COLOR="Magenta"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/[/COLOR]
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #825
Benderff
Registered User
 
Benderff's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: , Pacific NorthWest
Posts: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Uh-Oh.. what happened?
We're about ready to pull the trigger on our SYE/TW Driveshaft. No more vibes YES!!!
Gotta start watching me some YouTube on how to install.

Anybody here making it to the Don't Fear The Jeeper? (Whenever that is gonna be??)
Are you guys still planning on the JB super short? Nice lock ring pliers will cut down on the swear words a ton.
__________________
Benderff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.