Oregon NW offroading... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Oregon NW offroading...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic2000xj View Post
Promatory is a good spot, there are also little like 5 10 minute wheelin areas just little areas to go f*** around for a couple minutes. 185th between marine drive and sandy blvd., and off of US 26 E there is a street called Palmquest, right across form Superior Offroad, PM me and i can give you more details.
Well when I get my lift do you want to meet up and go there? Is it a spot we can go cut cookies? Thats what would be fun. Send me a picture of google maps or something

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"

Last edited by MoonyJohn; 10-16-2008 at 08:03 PM..
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #17
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I got my lift on with the 32x11.5 Maxxis Bighorns if anyone wants to meet up sometime. Anyone know of good places to go?

Unread 01-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im 17yrs old and have owned my Wrangler since the day i turned 16. Bought it myself. i do some moderate wheeling with my buddies when we go camping in the summer and i am looking for some new spots in the Portland/Mt.Hood area to go wheeling.

If your headin out...mind if me and a friend tag along?

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

If you find a place to offroad, that would be great. I got a few friends with rigs that they can wheel. My friends explorer has got 6" and he would like to go. Wagonwheel park isnt an offroad park at all anymore, it sucks anyways.

Unread 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys,
My club is working on getting "legal" trails up in the Yacolt burn up north of Camas and east of vancouver. There currently is NO legal places to wheel up there yet. We have over 2500 volunteer hours and over 2 years in this project. We are looking at making it similar to browns camp with everything from easy trails to extremely difficult.
We are always looking for help in recovering abandoned and burned up vehicles up there ect. We are making great progress throughout the government channels. We should know something towards fall of 09.

If you guys want more info about it go to www.Pistonswild.com

Please if you know anyone that "wheels" up there please tell them to stay on the gravel roads only. The more damage done up there off the gravel roads hurts our cause. Thanks guys

Feel free to pm with any questions

Lance

Check us out at WWW.Pistonswild.com

Last edited by Racincowboy; 02-27-2009 at 12:19 PM..
Racincowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #21
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic2000xj View Post
Promatory is a good spot, there are also little like 5 10 minute wheelin areas just little areas to go f*** around for a couple minutes. 185th between marine drive and sandy blvd., and off of US 26 E there is a street called Palmquest, right across form Superior Offroad, PM me and i can give you more details.
Sorry for the long Post but here it is Please read!

From my past experience Promatory is closed to anything but street legal vehicles that stay on the gravel roads. It was a 100 dollar lesson for me a few years ago. Had there been signs ect I would have never unloaded my Dirt bike there. As far as I know it is still that way.

My club Pistons wild has been working with Government officials in SW Washington for over 2 years now trying to get "legal" trails opened up in the
Yacolt Burn area that is north of Camas and east of Vancouver. This area is also known as 4 corners, jones creek ect. If you know of anyone that goes up in that area to "wheel" please tell them to stay on only the the gravel roads and not to go "wheeling" at all up there until we can get trails opened for the general public to enjoy. We are in the process of getting this in ink and we need all your help to stay out of all closed area's for wheeling. Get a hold of myself or post on our forum and we will provide you with legal spots to wheel along with maps ect.

Bad behavior hurts us all. I understand the frustration that we all have alot of money in our rigs and want to use them as much as possible. We have all been wheeling in places that we may or may not have known that were not "legal" areas to be, myself included when I was younger.

Please visit our website at www.Pistonswild.com for more information on the Yacolt Burn project we have been working on for over 2 years now. We have over 2500 volunteer hours in this so far and we want to build something similar to browns camp within a short driving distance from Portland/Vancouver areas.

We also have a forum at our website with updates and info for all the projects our club does ect. Go check it out and we are always looking for more people to help us out. More hands make the work go easier and faster.

Thank you for your help and cooperation

Lance

Check us out at WWW.Pistonswild.com
Racincowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #22
ELEVATIONOFFRD
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Xj esatacada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
by the way, estacada is closed down. I went there a couple days ago and they blocked off every entrance to a trail. THIS IS BULL ****
it isnt blocked off anymore you have to just drive through it. but some buddies were up there 2 weekends ago and the forest service is going to start patroling up there more often starting the first of the year.they are supposed to open some ohv trails up there, wildcat and olallie lake area. not sure when
ELEVATIONOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

hey moony you think you could maybe send a link on google maps or a gps cordniate or something showing where a couple of those spots you were talking about are at? o and anyone know if wagon wheel is legal?
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

It seems like most of you guys are up north, but if there is anyone down south (I'm near medford/ashland, 30 miles north of the california border) that is looking for some good places, try Elk Creek, Salt Creek, and elderberry flats. It seems like they block off a new section of Elk Creek every time I go up there, but there are still a fair number of good spots to go.
marksman1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #25
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well to be honest so far northwest oregon kind of sucks as far as wheeling goes haha idk maybe im just missing something? we got browns camp thats it lol oh and the dunes i suppose but thats isnt really nw.
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I've never really been up there. I think I've been to Portland twice, and Corvallis once, but otherwise I've stayed down here in my little corner of oregon. There are a lot of good wheeling spots down here, but we have this nasty, sticky clay that can really gum up your truck. If you dont clean it off within a few days of wheeling, it gets baked onto the truck (especially in the summer) and is damn near impossible to get off.
marksman1941 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.