Oregon NW offroading... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Oregon NW offroading...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Oregon NW offroading...

Anyone got any spots other than Browns camp, estacada, and wagon wheel?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
bdhudson
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There is some good info/ideas here: http://www.oohva.org/
Click the link at the bottom for OHV Areas.
bdhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
camhock
2004 WJ 

Wj

I'm in wilsonville...Are there any fun spots for a stock GC to play in?
camhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

by the way, estacada is closed down. I went there a couple days ago and they blocked off every entrance to a trail. THIS IS BULL ****

Unread 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
06_LJCON
2006 LJ Wrangler 

what do you mean its closed down? where did you go? up hillock burn road? memaloose?

(SOLD) 1987 wrangler 2.5L 5-speed BLACK!
S.O.A. with 4" springs and a 2" body lift. Lincon locked front. 33" TSL's NEED bigger tires!!

(WRECKED) 2002 Apex Wrangler 4.0L 5-Speed Silver
2.5" skyjacker single flex, skyjacker shicks, Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms f/r, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" JKS motor mount lift, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Warn engine/transmission skid plate, Rock Crusher Front diff cover, Poison spyder rocker knockers, 1.25 wheel spacers, 4.10 gears f/r, Detroit Trutrack rear, aussie automatic locker front

(CURRENT) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited LJ 4.0L 6-speep, Silver, 3.5" Rubicon express lift with Rubicon express disconnects. Hella 500 lights, HID Bi-xenon headlights, Rock-It intake, Red top Optima, Factory MOPAR rocker knockers, TNTCustoms Front full tube fenders, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2, Black steel wheels.
06_LJCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
by the way, estacada is closed down. I went there a couple days ago and they blocked off every entrance to a trail. THIS IS BULL ****
I read they are going official and opening Estacada as a OHV designated area next summer 2009.

http://www.bark-out.org/content/arti...on=news&id=511
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

What was it before? I thought that it eventually connected up with Timothy Lake and then have little play spots along the way. Whats the point of closing it down if its going to be an OHV park, especially if its in the winter season (wet).

Unread 10-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

It was all Mt. Hood Nat'l Forest land, and nothing has closed down. As of '09, they will have some designated areas for folks to use... sort of like Brown's Camp up in TSF.

There are some established trails out there for Quads, Dual Sport, Jeeps, Horses, Hikers, etc... They have designated a number of them to be specific use areas, and will be giving us staging areas, campgrounds, etc..., over the next few years. Go to the Mt. Hood Nat'l Forest website and do some reading...you'll learn all about the plan. Yes we do lose some trails, but the bottom line is, that we aren't losing all of them...which is very important.

For the most part, what you are calling "Estacada" is just the back gravel road up to Timothy lake, which does get closed about this time of year (Hunting Season) due to the fact that they are about to get snow out there, and then that area becomes snowmobile trails.

When most folks think of wheeling out in Estacada, it is off of Hillockburn Road, and the official name is "Goat Mountain". This remains open, despite the fact that it is private land owned by the timber companies. They have to keep the road open for access to the radio tower on top.
'04 Solar Yellow Wrangler Unlimited: 3.5" RE Superflex w/ RE Monotube shocks, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, Warn XD9000i winch, Jeeperman Trail Skids & Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier with 1/4 Panel Guards. Skid row engine skid.

NW Quadriders ATV Club
nwquadriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Where is Hillockburn Road? Is it past Goat Mountain? Where do you wheel? I wheel on goat mountain...

Unread 10-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Where is Hillockburn Road? Is it past Goat Mountain? Where do you wheel? I wheel on goat mountain...

It's the road that takes you to forest service road 45, which goes all the way to the top of Goat Mtn.

Look it up on Google Maps or Mapquest....
'04 Solar Yellow Wrangler Unlimited: 3.5" RE Superflex w/ RE Monotube shocks, 33x10.5 BFG MT's, Warn XD9000i winch, Jeeperman Trail Skids & Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier with 1/4 Panel Guards. Skid row engine skid.

NW Quadriders ATV Club
Unread 10-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

are there trails on that road? I see it goes to nearly 2000 feet

Unread 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is a picture of someones feelings of the place getting closed down...

If you cant read it, it says F***

Unread 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
nwquadriders
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That's the kind of crap that gets more areas shut down...

NW Quadriders ATV Club
Unread 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
sic2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Promatory is a good spot, there are also little like 5 10 minute wheelin areas just little areas to go f*** around for a couple minutes. 185th between marine drive and sandy blvd., and off of US 26 E there is a street called Palmquest, right across form Superior Offroad, PM me and i can give you more details.
sic2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
06_LJCON
2006 LJ Wrangler 

its really dissapointing at how few places there are around the portland area to go 4-wheeling. You would think that with the huge amount of unincorporated area's and massive national forests that there would be a large amount of places to go..... BUT NO!

(SOLD) 1987 wrangler 2.5L 5-speed BLACK!
S.O.A. with 4" springs and a 2" body lift. Lincon locked front. 33" TSL's NEED bigger tires!!

(WRECKED) 2002 Apex Wrangler 4.0L 5-Speed Silver
2.5" skyjacker single flex, skyjacker shicks, Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms f/r, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" JKS motor mount lift, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Warn engine/transmission skid plate, Rock Crusher Front diff cover, Poison spyder rocker knockers, 1.25 wheel spacers, 4.10 gears f/r, Detroit Trutrack rear, aussie automatic locker front

(CURRENT) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited LJ 4.0L 6-speep, Silver, 3.5" Rubicon express lift with Rubicon express disconnects. Hella 500 lights, HID Bi-xenon headlights, Rock-It intake, Red top Optima, Factory MOPAR rocker knockers, TNTCustoms Front full tube fenders, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2, Black steel wheels.
06_LJCON is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.