Needs some help from OR jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Needs some help from OR jeepers

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Needs some help from OR jeepers

I am looking at a 2008 JK Rubicon that spent the first couple of years in WA than moved to OR. It looks like a fair amount of rust but I am not sure. Since I am from CA we do not have rust in our cars nor do we use salt on the roads. Just wondering if this is normal if this car spent a lot of time near the coast with the salt air. Also it looks like someone tried to do a poor undercoat job, is this normal or are they trying to hide something. The first pic is the E brake.

You may see the post other places just nor sure how many readers view this section. Thanks for any replys.

acf871c20a0d02b7012192a973198338-1-.jpg   img_0025.jpg   img_0719.jpg   img_0722.jpg   img_0723.jpg  

img_4264.jpg  

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
cjsrebiff
Drives Like Granpa

2012 JK Wrangler 

Jk Rust

plumber1,
Some rust would be normal. It is hard to tel with the pics, but the undercoat definitly looks home grown. We dont use salt here, I cannot speak for Salt in air on the coast. Opinions?
What concerns mne is the rust on the Em Brake arm. Is it exposed underneath?
cjsrebiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
chevymad
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Washington started using salt a couple years ago. The undercoating may or may not be to hide something. The rusty handle... looks normal for untreated metal here where I am. Even if it doesnt get rained on metal will sweat so bad the condensation will make it surface rust.
chevymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymad View Post
Washington started using salt a couple years ago. The undercoating may or may not be to hide something. The rusty handle... looks normal for untreated metal here where I am. Even if it doesnt get rained on metal will sweat so bad the condensation will make it surface rust.
So does the handle in your jeep look like this ??

White Jeep Club #224
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
chevymad
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Actually.. i'll need to take a look. But it probably does. My tailgate got bent from the spare and the back of the jeeps been a swamp lately.
chevymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the replies but I ended up buying a 2005 rubicon without any issues and 26,000 miles

White Jeep Club #224

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.