Needed: Pdx/vanc. Welding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Needed: Pdx/vanc. Welding

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
buddah426
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Needed: Pdx/vanc. Welding

anyone in the portland/vancouver area with access to a welder and knowledge of re-welding door hinges? i own an 88 xj and the driver door has separated welds on hinges leaving me with a 1/4" gap in door jam. am unemployed right now and cant afford much but maybe work some trade/24 pack/????. hoping to play on someone's charitable nature to help out a fellow jeepster can anyone help me?

buddah426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah426 View Post
anyone in the portland/vancouver area with access to a welder and knowledge of re-welding door hinges? i own an 88 xj and the driver door has separated welds on hinges leaving me with a 1/4" gap in door jam. am unemployed right now and cant afford much but maybe work some trade/24 pack/????. hoping to play on someone's charitable nature to help out a fellow jeepster can anyone help me?
Can my high school students try?
Unread 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
buddah426
1988 XJ Cherokee 

hey there moose.

u auto shop teach @ gresham? i went to reynolds myself but please dont hold that against me ;-) as for letting them try i am willing except for the fact that the "heep" has been promoted to my dd for the time being. once i get the wife's car back up and running then i dont see any harm in dropping it off for a couple days. is their work guaranteed? :-) tell you what i'll keep ure user name in contact list and if it still needs to be done by the time i'm not depending on it then why not, i remember what h.s. shop was like and all the things matoon went through trying to keep us in projects to work on(not easy on a public school budget by the way). thanks for the offer and i guess i wont be charged that case of beer huh... lol. maybe i can buy them a couple pizza's for lunch or something?
buddah426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Can my high school students try?
if the high schoolers can weld like my 10 year old... they won't have any problem taking care of it unless it's a hopless case due to where it's broken...

I can look at it if you bring it to the shop in clackamas during the week, charity cases are a sunday affair.

my guess is sdmoose429 already has a student in mind for the challenge.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah426 View Post
hey there moose.

u auto shop teach @ gresham? i went to reynolds myself but please dont hold that against me ;-) as for letting them try i am willing except for the fact that the "heep" has been promoted to my dd for the time being. once i get the wife's car back up and running then i dont see any harm in dropping it off for a couple days. is their work guaranteed? :-) tell you what i'll keep ure user name in contact list and if it still needs to be done by the time i'm not depending on it then why not, i remember what h.s. shop was like and all the things matoon went through trying to keep us in projects to work on(not easy on a public school budget by the way). thanks for the offer and i guess i wont be charged that case of beer huh... lol. maybe i can buy them a couple pizza's for lunch or something?
Actually, I am the auto shop teacher AT REYNOLDS!! Mr Mattoon retired at the end of the spring term and I have been the fortunate one chosen to try to take his place. Came up here from San Diego (hence the SDmoose) in September. Oh, and I drink Jack...

We'd love to do it, or have mudb8 do it. If you're nearby, maybe we can wheel sometime. I've been hearing about some place in Estacada...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.