need info on Oregon traffic laws - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > need info on Oregon traffic laws

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
krazybob
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Question need info on Oregon traffic laws

Here in Idaho, we can hook up the camping trailer, and with a hitch, can also hook up our jeep or our boat and head out. We need no special license to do this. There are places in Oregon we would like to visit and take both our camp trailer and jeep, and was wondering if Oregon allows this ? If so, is there a length restriction ? When I pull our trailer and boat together, I'm stretched out about 42 ft.

truck-trailer-boat.jpg  
1988 YJ 4.2 5sp
krazybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
krazybob
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazybob View Post
Here in Idaho, we can hook up the camping trailer, and with a hitch, can also hook up our jeep or our boat and head out. We need no special license to do this. There are places in Oregon we would like to visit and take both our camp trailer and jeep, and was wondering if Oregon allows this ? If so, is there a length restriction ? When I pull our trailer and boat together, I'm stretched out about 42 ft.
I decided to do a search on my own, and found that Oregon isn't one of the states that allow triple towing, so I guess my idea is out
1988 YJ 4.2 5sp
krazybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
BadHabit80cj7
1980 CJ7 

You can tow triple in Oregon if you have Idaho plates.
BadHabit80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know the exact deal with it, but I have been told you need to have brakes on the towed units and a doubles endorsement on your license, and are restricted to the same routes as the big boys when doing it. If your state does not require endorsements, you might be alright. Best to call state police for the definative answer, and record who you talked to and when.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.