Need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Need help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
ELEVATIONOFFRD
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Need help

Planning on doing a yj build soon but have a problem with titling the jeep. Its a 88 yj tub and frame that i got from a buddy. I am getting a 83 3/4 ton chevy that I am going to swap drivtrain and running gear over to the yj. The chevy has a title but the yj does not, and I am wondering what the best route is to take on getting the completed build titled and registered. The yj is going to be strictly offroad, and be trailered. Any help would be appreciated.

ELEVATIONOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
Alkaline
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you know who the titled owner was than you can fill out a lost title form with them, and turn it in with your transfer and registration papers. If not then I would go to the DMV and inquire about a lien or any other route of lost title transfer.

'98 TJ (toy), '91 XJ Briarwood(DD)
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
ELEVATIONOFFRD
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I didnt get any paperwork at all. I am sure there has got to be a vin or some kind of numbers on the frame. not sure though. According to the ohv rules Titling & Registration: Oregon DMV does not require
titling or registering Class I, II, and III ATVs used solely offroad.
Class II and III ATVs used both off-road and on regular
roads are required to be titled and registered. DMV offers
optional titles, without registration, for Class I, II and III
ATVs used solely off-road. It is highly recommended to have
State of Oregon: Oregon Parks and Recreation Department: ATVsrideATVoregon | Welcome 11
all of your vehicles titled. A title is often required to finance
or insure an ATV. A title also establishes legal ownership and
assists police in the recovery of lost or stolen vehicles.
ELEVATIONOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.