Moving to Oregon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Moving to Oregon

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 05-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Moving to Oregon

Later this year, probably around late August, I'll be moving to Colton, OR., a little town between Estacada and Molalla.

Whats there to do near by? places to wheel? off road clubs and the like? When I was up there last month I noticed a good amount of lifted XJs in the area so I assume there must be a place to wheel.

Ive read some about the Mt. Hood nat. forest near by, anything interesting to do in there? looking over some of the maps they show some roads accessible by 4x4s only. Those any fun? Even for more expedition style offroading/camping?

Also what the wheeling like? there is obviously mountains, hills, and some rocks, all of which we don't have in FL. Any more details you'll could give me?

And any odd vehicle laws I should be aware of?

chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
McLovin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think the closest popular legal trails to there would be Tillamonk state forest or TSF as the locals call it. Do some googling of that name.
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, ill check that out.
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

New trail being built on Mt. Hood National Forest called LaDee flat. For clubs in the area, go to pnw4wda.org, about us, clubs, Region 3. Tillamook is in the coast range west of Portland, and has trails from mild to wild. About 150 SE of Portland is Santiam Pass with a nasty trail called Quack Attack. 300 miles east is Virtue Flat over by Baker City, 5000 acres of open area and a bunch of trails some will leave you crying for the damage.

Dunes over at Sand Lake, and between Florence and Coos Bay, and another set in central Oregon out of Christmas Valley, about 100 mile se of Bend.

When usuing you rig as an Off Highway Vehicle on public land, you need to have the Oregon Class II ATV permit. Cost is $10.50 for 2 years, and a portion of the gas tax goes to fund areas for use. Find out more at Oregon Parks and Recreation, ATV button. You can get a booklet of rules, regs, and areas from them, or when you get the permit.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldhammer View Post
New trail being built on Mt. Hood National Forest called LaDee flat. For clubs in the area, go to pnw4wda.org, about us, clubs, Region 3. Tillamook is in the coast range west of Portland, and has trails from mild to wild. About 150 SE of Portland is Santiam Pass with a nasty trail called Quack Attack. 300 miles east is Virtue Flat over by Baker City, 5000 acres of open area and a bunch of trails some will leave you crying for the damage.

Dunes over at Sand Lake, and between Florence and Coos Bay, and another set in central Oregon out of Christmas Valley, about 100 mile se of Bend.

When usuing you rig as an Off Highway Vehicle on public land, you need to have the Oregon Class II ATV permit. Cost is $10.50 for 2 years, and a portion of the gas tax goes to fund areas for use. Find out more at Oregon Parks and Recreation, ATV button. You can get a booklet of rules, regs, and areas from them, or when you get the permit.
Good to know. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.