Moving to the Crescent City Ca Brookings Or area. Looking for tips - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Moving to the Crescent City Ca Brookings Or area. Looking for tips

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #61
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

I'll take you up one day if you like.

kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #62
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Now that would be cool!
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #63
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

I think I saw you in your rig today. Green TJ with rubicon rims? Just let me know when you want to go. I will probably go up there Saturday mid morning.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #64
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yep with a black top and tan windows? That's me. I happen to be off on weekends this month, let me see if my lady has anything planned for me if not, I'm game!
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #65
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

Sounds good. I gotta check with the old lady also. I think we have talked before in the Freddie's parking lot. But I'll text you for sure when I know I can go.
Unread 12-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #66
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

DevilDogDoc- thanks for meeting up with me this weekend. Had a great time. Nice to get some lead therapy with a fellow Jeeper and Veteran. Let's go again.
Unread 12-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #67
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Absolutely! Had a wonderful time, gotta go find some trails too!
Unread 01-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #68
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork
If you live in Brookings, grab the Gold Beach Ranger District maps and go driving.

Rowdy Creek has some super fun trails / roads with a bit of off road spots on the side.

Further up north at Hunter Creek there are some super fun spots.

All of the roads up the winchuck, chetco, and rogue rivers connect and there is 100's of miles of driving and site seeing, exploring, light off-roading, unmaintained 4x4 roads, unmapped logging roads, etc.

One of my favorites is to head up the chetco and out to snow camp & game lake areas, red flat mining area, and make my way out towards Agnes up the rogue. Take an extra 5 gallons if you plan on much side road exploring!

From Brookings / Goldbeach you can make it back to grants pass without seeing another car all day - fun drives!
So true lived there for 8-9 years. Go up north bank road, you can keep going or hook a left up Gardner ridge road.

Wow I really enjoyed reading this brought back a lot of memories. GL with the river I don't think I have ever seen or heard of it being that high.
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #69
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah it was high for sure. a few homes got wet, one of the trailer parks evacuated a bunch of residents. Pretty good drop out on carpenterville rd north of town and a pretty decent drop out on North bank. It was crazy how FAST the water came up.

My brother and a few friends do an annual camping trip around here each september - snow camp, vulcan lake, game lake, something like that. I'll have to remember to post up & see if anyone else wants to join up. was thinking maybe sourdough / mcgrew this year if I get the 8.8 finished...
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #70
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well folks as much fun as OR has been for my family and myself, in 2 weeks we will be heading back to the desert for good. I appreciate all the support I got from here and it was fun while it lasted. Going back to where I was before is nice though, an hour from Big bear and 20 minutes from the Hammers in Johnson Valley, just gotta get the Jeep big enough to play in JV is all...
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #71
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
Well folks as much fun as OR has been for my family and myself, in 2 weeks we will be heading back to the desert for good. I appreciate all the support I got from here and it was fun while it lasted. Going back to where I was before is nice though, an hour from Big bear and 20 minutes from the Hammers in Johnson Valley, just gotta get the Jeep big enough to play in JV is all...
Best of luck back "home"!! I'm bummed we never got to wheel together. I have to say I am jealous of your new local when it comes to places to wheel, plus the chance to bug the crap out of Blaine.
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #72
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the kind words Bender, I would have loved to try and keep up with you, if Johnson Valley ever calls your name, you will have someone to go with and a place to stay!And I have missed being able to drive an hour to harass the old man, it's not as fun on the phone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.