Moving to the Crescent City Ca Brookings Or area. Looking for tips - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Moving to the Crescent City Ca Brookings Or area. Looking for tips

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
I'd have to second the Medford guys. I haven't wheeled with them (yet) but they all seem like a great group. About 8 of them offered up a weekend to help me install a lift..
In Douglas County there are 3 of the bigger groups that run around, X-Treme Offroaders, Umpqua Valley Timber Cruisers and Ruff Country.

Once you guys finish that stroker you will need a lift and tires!

Unread 02-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Bender been here since last Sat started work on Monday. I appreciate the offer but I can't make it up this time. Maybe next month when I get paid!
Unread 02-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
Sparkyman2000
1998 ZJ 

Your more than welcome to come hang with us. We might be going to the Cave Junction area 20th to 21st, which is not far about an hour from Brookings. Will be Sunday I believe(i hope), many of us use our Jeeps as DDs and dont do super extreme. In the summer we are planning a midnight run and a Mcgrew Trail, get a hold of SouthwestOregon Jeeps on Facebook.
Unread 02-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #19
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Once you guys finish that stroker you will need a lift and tires!
I know.. LOL I'm still undecided about lifts though. I'm thinking I'll just have a local guy here build something up. He's done quite a few 4 and 3 links for some racers in the area so maybe I'll look into that option.. I dunno yet. So far we haven't wheels it too hard, but I'd hate to get something than want to upgrade 7 months down the road. Overbuild is what I want :P
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
Yeah Bender been here since last Sat started work on Monday. I appreciate the offer but I can't make it up this time. Maybe next month when I get paid!

Welcome to the area. Hope the job is going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyman2000 View Post
Your more than welcome to come hang with us. We might be going to the Cave Junction area 20th to 21st, which is not far about an hour from Brookings.
Cave Junction? If I hear Banjos I outta there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
I know.. LOL I'm still undecided about lifts though. I'm thinking I'll just have a local guy here build something up. He's done quite a few 4 and 3 links for some racers in the area so maybe I'll look into that option.. I dunno yet. So far we haven't wheels it too hard, but I'd hate to get something than want to upgrade 7 months down the road. Overbuild is what I want :P
Nice. A custom set-up would beat a bolt-on kit in my book.
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #21
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Bender it's been good so far and considering it is a level 4 supermax prison it ain't been bad so far. No one has tried to shank me yet so it's all good!!
And Sparky, thanks for the kind offer, the state pays monthly so I am dead broke until march, but after that it's on for sure!!
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
Sparkyman2000
1998 ZJ 

Banjos? What is that? I dont listen to country at all. I think we might be going to Tennessee Mountain Summit which I am hoping to do.

DevilDogDoc - We plan 2-3 runs a month so come on over, when you can. We are all broke.
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #23
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well having now seen both Crescent city and Brookings I will be moving up that way so I will be a bit closer to you guys and some fine Oregon wheeling! Thanks again for the invite and where is your club based out of?
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyman2000 View Post
Banjos? What is that? I dont listen to country at all. I think we might be going to Tennessee Mountain Summit which I am hoping to do.
I'm not a country fan either, but I was refering to this kinda Banjo music.

Unread 02-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
c-longm2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hi DevilDogDoc,
My son should be returning from Ghan in May so I will be helping him unwind with some wheeling trips. The coast dunes, Mcgrew and the Edison trail are on my list. But I will let my Marine decide, he loves the dunes.
Pretty tame stuff, likes to drive home in one piece.
Good luck with your new job, stay alert and expect the unexpected!
Stay safe!!
c-longm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad your boy is getting close to coming back to the world, I sign a lease on a condo next week in Brookings and fly south to get the family the week after that, hope to get some wheeling in when we are all here. I had promised the kids no wheeling without them and have been itching to go out since I got here so I hope to scratch the itch soon!!
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #27
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-longm2 View Post
Hi DevilDogDoc,
My son should be returning from Ghan in May so I will be helping him unwind with some wheeling trips. The coast dunes, Mcgrew and the Edison trail are on my list. But I will let my Marine decide, he loves the dunes.
Pretty tame stuff, likes to drive home in one piece.
Good luck with your new job, stay alert and expect the unexpected!
Stay safe!!
Keep us posted on where you decide to go. I could do with another good coast trip. Provided my poor cherokee survives this one.
marksman1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #28
Drakeslayer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey DDD, Ask around at work, there are two clubs in the Crescent City area. not sure how active as I am not much of a joiner. One has a rep as mostly partiers the other medium hardcore wheelers. Lots of knowledgable fabricators particularly with the toyota and jeep crowd. Look for the rigs at work then ask who to talk to. PM me for more info. Folks who work where you work are careful about privacy.

On another note...did you know the toothbrush was invented at Crescent City?

If it had been somewhere else it would have been called the teethbrush!!!

Cheers, Drakeslayer
Drakeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #29
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thats funny right there!! Yeah I have seen a few nicely built rigs around town and at the lot at work but I havent had a chance to talk to anyone about it.
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The run out of GP was fun.

The first or second weekend in May there is a group going to Browns Camp out of the Portland area. I through out the idea of running up there, but I need the weekend to change cause I have a promotional test the first week of May. July 17th there is a run up here on the Noonday trail for "breakfast on the mountain". The weekend of July 23rd there is a night run out of the Applegate. All of those can be camping trips for those who want.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.