Looking for wheeling this weekend. PDX area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Looking for wheeling this weekend. PDX area

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 05-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Does everyone know how to get to the Peter Ire Dale parking lot? if not let me know. I can meet people at the Fredmeyers in Warrenton, or the Safeway in Astoria if you really are not familiar with the area.

ReconBen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you're leading a run, Ben. I thnk I can find the wreck ok, I've been looking at it for a few months anyway. I'll be there around 10 AM, Monday.. CB channel 37 work for everyone? Y'all be sure to bring lunches!
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Looks like you're leading a run, Ben. I thnk I can find the wreck ok, I've been looking at it for a few months anyway. I'll be there around 10. CB channel 37 work for everyone? Y'all be sure to bring lunches!
Just give me a call if you get lost, I know the area pretty well and can track people down if i need to. I will see about replacing my CB antenna before then shouldn't be a hard task (broke my other one off in December). and I felt like something was striking me odd about my jeep, and someone just replied to one of my pictures saying this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout95YJ View Post
shackles are on backwards. other than that, good looking YJ
So I may try and flip those elbows in before as well. however I may hold off as it really makes no difference in sand.
Unread 05-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #19
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That works for me, I hope to have my CB wired up by then, if not. Ill be out of luck over the radio

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #20
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashinTJs View Post
That works for me, I hope to have my CB wired up by then, if not. Ill be out of luck over the radio
If you don't get your CB hooked up by then just PM me your phone number and I will give you a call so you have mine as well in case you need something.
Unread 05-27-2010, 02:16 AM   #21
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminPSYJ View Post
If you don't get your CB hooked up by then just PM me your phone number and I will give you a call so you have mine as well in case you need something.
Sounds Good, I should know by Sunday morning

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722109
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704069
Quote:
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #22
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Works for me I am on here way to often anyways.. I am sure I will catch a PM if their is one. haha I think I may run down to radioshack tomorrow and pick one up.
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #23
AniesR
2002 WJ 

Hey everybody. Im in Portland and just got a '02 WJ 4.0L and really wanna take it out and see what I can do with it. Only downside is its a 2WD. My question is, would it still be worth coming this weekend?
AniesR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #24
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniesR View Post
Hey everybody. Im in Portland and just got a '02 WJ 4.0L and really wanna take it out and see what I can do with it. Only downside is its a 2WD. My question is, would it still be worth coming this weekend?
Hello AniesR welcome to the forum. You are more then welcome to join us this weekend we will mostly just be hanging out and having fun on the beach meeting eachother and eating some lunch. You should be fine, You will probably have trouble making it up the dunes at Delaura beach, but thats not a problem you can just park(ANYWHERE) and snag a seat with one of us while we play around.

Also the beach is a great place to test out rigs because it is hard to get body damage in sand. Not to mention with all of us their you are in good hands if something goes wrong.

If you decide to come just let me know, shoot me a PM with your phone number if you don't have a CB(if you do channel 37) And pack a lunch. Also It would be best if you have a recovery point as well preferably front and back. however since it is sand digging is an option if it comes to it.
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #25
AniesR
2002 WJ 

Unfortunately, ive got no CB OR tow points. *Yes, there IS a moron who buys a RWD Jeep w/ no tow points*
I can bring an AWD, but thatd be a hunk-a-junk sedan. I am definitely down to come this weekend, and I guess we'll just see how things go.
AniesR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:55 AM   #26
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Eh, feel free to bring the jeep anyways You can still test the limits
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniesR View Post
Unfortunately, ive got no CB OR tow points. *Yes, there IS a moron who buys a RWD Jeep w/ no tow points*
I can bring an AWD, but thatd be a hunk-a-junk sedan. I am definitely down to come this weekend, and I guess we'll just see how things go.
Definitely bring the 2WD Jeep. You'll be amazed at just how much it CAN do. As long as you don't get stuck ON the axles, we can tug you out (YOU have to crawl under your Jeep, however. lol)

Check craigslist for a cheap, handheld CB. They are fine and not much money, normally. I have a spare I can bring as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Just Empty Every Pocket! and this is a great place to meet really cool people, LIKE US!
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #28
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminPSYJ View Post
Just give me a call if you get lost, I know the area pretty well and can track people down if i need to. I will see about replacing my CB antenna before then shouldn't be a hard task (broke my other one off in December). and I felt like something was striking me odd about my jeep, and someone just replied to one of my pictures saying this

So I may try and flip those elbows in before as well. however I may hold off as it really makes no difference in sand.

Which ones? The fronts are according to instructions from Rubicon Distress, the rears won't FIT any other way...
Unread 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #29
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Which ones? The fronts are according to instructions from Rubicon Distress, the rears won't FIT any other way...
not upside down. just backwards. I will go take measurements to see if they can flip easily. however the elbows are supposed to face inwards. so if i was to hit a rock the bend comes into contact with my frame earlier and prevents me from inverting a leaf-spring. however since i have new springs I don't see it being an issue anytime soon.
as you can see here it is currently elbows out

To quote BrandonYJ the shackle expert who has the FAQ up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
If you don't know you don't know - there's no reason to feel embarrassed about it.
>Jeep<
^See that? That's how your shackles should look. The front and rear are bass-ackwards from each other.
Up front, the longer leg of the shackle connects to the spring and they "point" rearwards (towards the Jeep)
In the back, the shorter leg of the shackle connects to the spring and they "point" forward (towards the Jeep).
Make sense?
However if you read the whole thread I don't see how it would make a huge difference
Mine
Someone else with a muce sharper angle.
Unread 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

I might make the trip out. I gotta do some stuff to it first but I'll try. I'm only running a/t's and I've never been there. But I've got a strap and recov so I'm not worried
MissKays01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.