Looking for a Bantam Jeep trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Looking for a Bantam Jeep trailer

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
SolarX

Looking for a Bantam Jeep trailer

I'm in Washington, near Portland Or, Looking for an old Bantam 1/4 Ton Jeep trailer, whould prefer a military version ( no tail gate and a pintle hitch). Not looking for a museum piece, more like a three or four hundred dollar project. they seem to be hard to find around hear and I don't want to spend a thousand bucks either.

SolarX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They are getting harder to find. Usually the 3-400 ones are gonna need most of a grand to get reliable and towable. You might also consider searching for M100, Candian M101, M416 trailers; all very similar to the Bantam. There is an outfit near Reno that sells new trailers but they are closer to 3k. They do sell parts for the do it yourselfers. Sierra Trailers or similar name. Good luck, I miss the three M100's I had.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
jawalterusmc
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You could also try G503.com. These guys find or have everything military Jeep related. That is how I found my M416. They mostly deal with restoring trailers but on occasion find one that is not quite up to their Par but works great for us off roaders.
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
c-longm2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple of probably m100's. This site has both 100's and 416's every so often. The problem is finding them close to home.
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/
c-longm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
c-longm2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here's an example of a 416, but they are never close!!!
http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD
I do have a friend that is a military collector and he tells me that everyone who owns a military flat fender is looking for the M100's. So you spend a chunk of change if you find one.
I will keep looking, and let you know if I see anything.
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The two in Ariz. appear to both be M100's with cut in tailgates.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
SolarX

The canadiam military trailers are cool also, whould not mind one of those. From what I have read they were made clear up untell 93 also. I whould prefer a bantam though, my own little Jeep nerd piece of history.
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
c-longm2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://redding.craigslist.org/pts/2118441619.html
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
SolarX

That looks like just what I'd like, too bad it whould cost me $300 just in gas. I can't seem to find any near vancouver.
Unread 02-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Have you posted a wanted ad on craigslist yet?

I find that often times people don't list things they have on craigslist, but if you post up a wanted ad, they go "wait, I have one of those I'm not using, or I know a guy who has one sitting in the barn....."
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
SolarX

That's a really good idea, I think i'm gonna try that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.