Just for grins and giggles, .....and screams.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Just for grins and giggles, .....and screams....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just for grins and giggles, .....and screams....

Every year, I do a big Halloween Haunt, I go all out with an elaborate display. Halloween is one of my more favorite holidays, and I really like to have some fun with it.
You may remember seeing some pics of my install from a couple years ago, where I turned my Jeep into a crime scene.....

This year..... with time constraints, and a couple days of bad weather, I was not able to get as much of the haunt put up as I wanted to.
None the less, we still had a GREAT Halloween.
Here's some pics and I'll try to get a video up as well. (sorry, some of the pics may be a little blurry because of the shutter speed.)

From the Side:

From the back:

From the other side/back:
(on this side were all the electronics, power supplies, fog machine, and a powered speaker playing haunting music with the occasional twisted carnival track thrown in - about a 6 "song" loop - you could hear my house from about a block away lol)

From the street:

A little closer:

At the "entrance"

NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Once in and looking down the first hallway:

Rounding the first corner you're greeted by this guy:
(next year he will have motion activated animatronics)

Down another hallway and around another corner you come to this guy:
(he too will be animated next year)

Next to him is the "monster-in-a-box" I made.
Pallet wood, with a red flood light inside, a strobe light, and a high speed drill with a length of 4awg wire stuck in the chuck.
...when the motion sensor (hiding in the canopy above it) is triggered, it powers on everything inside the box,
and the wire in the drill goes SLAPPING around quite violently making a TON of loud noise very suddenly
and of course, scares the living crap out of the unsuspecting passers by.
(screams were heard from a block away as well).... you'll see more of this in the video....
(sorry...the fog machine had just spewed out a ton of fresh smoke - plays havoc with the camera)

Rounding the corner of yet another hallway, you start to enter the spider's den,
where the mother of all spiders awaits in the canopy ready to drop upon you and eat you,
ever watching..... with glowing red eyes...

There is much webbing here, and the pathway narrows...

As the pathway shrinks, your are funneled around the corner one last time,
where a large vicious spider is waiting to jump at you.
(this guy was triggered by a pressure pad, but next year will be set off by a motion sensor as well I think)

Looking back from whence you came:

As you exit you see what is presumably another static (unmoving) creature....

What they didnt know is it was me in disguise!

I would reach out with a spartan like yell terrorizing the trick-r-treaters.
Here's a close up of the mask I've told many of you about:

As you clear all the haunt, you cross by the front of the house.
This is where I have in the past focused much of the display, this year,
I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted to get everything set up in this area.

In the bushes all around the house there were glowing/blinking eyes watching your every move.
Some would just blink, others would stare,
some would shake the whole bush and grrrrrrowwwwwwlllllllll as you passed by:

All-in-all it was a great time, I scared many, many people, and got some good blood curdling screams out of most.
Several children were scared to tears (yes I made kids cry - heh heh heh)
...and one guy jumped so bad, he fell on his butt.
We had somewhere between 300 and 400 people/kids come thru,
and at times had as many as 40 people in front of the house.
7 gigantic bags of candy were used up.
And now my garage is a complete mess as I have not yet put everything away.
It's alot of work, but WELL worth it!
Next year, as always, will be bigger and better.
Unread 11-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

And here's the video of the walk through:

http://youtu.be/-xZ-pUn87hU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.