Jones creek exploring - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Jones creek exploring

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noplainsdrifter View Post
I hate to sound negative, but you say go around the gate in one spot and go over the berm in another. It kind of sounds like those are there to keep people out? Don't like illegal wheelin.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
In my opinion your not wrong. I dont like illegal wheeling either. Just makes it that much harder for those of us following the rules and trying to open more legal areas to enjoy a great family sport.

Check us out at WWW.Pistonswild.com
Racincowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well, I spent the weekend up in TSF and it was totally amazing! We went past the browns camp area and turned up to the Jones creek area where the foot bridge is. We made some turns and wound up following some ridges and did about a 12 mile loop back to highway 6. We saw some blue sky which was refreshing, some fog and a lot of misty patches. There were a few points on some really steep ridges where we were in some really thick fog where we could make out just the middle of some trees, like we couldn't see the roots and couldn't see the top. It was a ball tingler for sure. We got some pictures, I will post them later.

As for this debate about land use... I noticed something this weekend about the mentality of the last few generations. I always bring a trash bag with me on outings and hang it somewhere when we stop for whatever (this time, I brought sandwhich stuff, and some dry kindling for a fire), and hang it on the truck somewhere. As we are standing around the fire having a beer and a sandwhich, my younger friends toss their beer cans on the ground like that is a perfectly okay and normal thing to do. I didn't jump down their throats at that moment as I never think that does any good with my kids let alone grown adults, so I waited till we were done. As we were putting out the fire and packing up, I went around and picked up the beer cans and I could feel the guilt setting into my buddies as I was doing it. I put them in the trash bag that I had put in clear site for everyone. the last cans that were drunk were put into that bag by my friends. right before we were about to leave, I walked the area that we had just had a great lunch, and I picked up a few items that were left by other people that were already starting to grow moss and become part of the landscape and one of my buddies said "we didn't do that" and I just looked at him for a second and I was dumbfounded. I had no idea what to say to him.

My point is that the last few generations are so.. privileged, they just don't get it. They can't see a few inches past their brains. Its really sad, and I feel bad for you ol' timers who lived in a time when people didn't think this way. Our world is changing for the worse because everyone feels so damn entitled.
I agree that we "Should" be able to go where ever our rigs can take us but that just means occupiers will follow and trash the land as we do it so we are shunned to parks that are maintained and shut down at a moments notice.

Oh well, I will just be happy with what we have for now and stick to the trails , try to do my part and a little piece of others part to try to remain respectful to the land. (and it looks like I will be heading over to the pistonswild site again to try to help in that aspect as well).
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #18
rubiconrich
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I volunteer at info@solv.org

It helps TSF. There are many opportunities in all areas to volunteer. Please check it out and get on their mailing list. Another comment...in all generations, there are people that disrespect the land. Many times, I find myself putting out fires at informal camp spots thru the SW Washington area. I always carry a few bags just to collect garbage thru the areas I travel. If you use a jeep properly, you will not leave any "sign" where you've been. I never leave tracks.
rubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here is a panorama of the site where we had lunch and a fire.

panarama3finishedsmall.jpg
Unread 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

This is when we left the comfort of the gravel road and started climbing.

bottom.jpg

another of the site we found atop a ridge overlooking the valley from where we came

chilling-fire.jpg

and another

millywalkingaway.jpg
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

We were in some thick forest so we couldn't really tell how foggy it really was until we came to this point in the road after we had been climbing for about 1000 feet

lookingin.jpg

We couldn't see the bottom of these trees

topsoftrees.jpg

its hard to show how foggy it was

holyfog1.jpg

We had gotten most of the way down through the thick fog and got to a good spot where we could see where we had just come from.

lookingback.jpg
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

another panoramic with the back of the jeep

panorama2.jpg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.