Good shop for SYE install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Good shop for SYE install

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Jeepinsince3
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good shop for SYE install

Hey all, I have been inquiring on another thread and someone recommended posting in this area to get some different feedback.

I am wanting to know if anyone would rec a good shop to do a SYE install on my 95 YJ in the Portland area.

I live in the clackamas area and got quoted at robs 4x4 for 1400 bucks for the whole thing. On the other thread people were commenting that that price seemed pretty steep.

Any thoughts on price or suggestions of a good shop?

Thanks in advance!

Jeepinsince3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would give the guys at R&P 4WD a call...(503.557.8911)
....if they cant do it in the time frame you're looking for, they will certainly point you in the right direction of where to get some quality work done.
Hope this helps.
Good luck with the upgrade.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Jeepinsince3
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for that advice. I didn't know they could do the install on those. Someone on a Facebook group mentioned then for gears.

I'll give then a call and ask about gettin the kit and shaft in there.
Jeepinsince3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rockridge on here was selling Teraflex SYE with Tatton shaft for $495. http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/Rockridge4WD

Dave at Jeep West could install it for you. Dave's# 503-957-8063
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
comeoutswingin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Any reason why you don't give it a go yourself? Its really pretty easy to do..

Having done a bunch of them myself, (im not a auto shop just mostly fab) I would think about $300 labor would be a fair deal.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.