good place to go off-roading first time(portland oregon) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > good place to go off-roading first time(portland oregon)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
AniesR
2002 WJ 

Perfect, thanks man. I'm just looking to get this thing in the jungle, see what the NW has to offer. Also, in my case, what would be good things to get for my WJ parts-wise?

AniesR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #17
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniesR View Post
Perfect, thanks man. I'm just looking to get this thing in the jungle, see what the NW has to offer. Also, in my case, what would be good things to get for my WJ parts-wise?
Are you bone-stock right now?

I suggest go get some Recovery points front and back, and a tow strap or two. would be a start, then it is a never ending list.. anything from lifts-tires-lockers-axles-lights-winch-skid-plates-re-gearing-etcetera
ReconBen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #18
Krisalrube
2000 WJ 

Any good trails near Portland? I live about an hour away and am new to JF and my 2000 WJ. Put a BB on and some Cooper Discoverer ST's on and want to try then out. Any suggestions?
Krisalrube is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #19
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Most of the wheelin in the area is all either in the coast range or at the coast. Google Browns Camp OHV and Sand Lake Oregon. There are a few other smaller areas too if your lookin to get your feet wet.

Ben, any new news on dirt church?

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
TJ_T
1984 CJ7 

How about some good/long forest service roads? Anyone have some to recommend? It's been over a decade since I've been offroad and at this point I'm more looking for solitude. Wouldn't mind some fun stuff to play on though.
TJ_T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_T View Post
How about some good/long forest service roads? Anyone have some to recommend? It's been over a decade since I've been offroad and at this point I'm more looking for solitude. Wouldn't mind some fun stuff to play on though.

Lots of roads in the Mt. Hood Forest area. Go to Estacada Ranger station and grab a map.
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #22
Jeep_zj93
1994 ZJ 

LaDee flats is being built in Estacada,OR rite now. Trail is open to run and test.

Come check out the 1st Annual LaDee Flats 4x4 show with ALL the proceeds going to the LaDee Flats OHV trail system Project.

Date: Saturday, October 27th, 2012
Start Time: 10:00am
End Time: 4:00pm (or whenever everyone leaves)
Location: Hard Notched Customs... 1500 Washington st, Vancouver, WA 98660

Link to Facebook event page: 1st Annual LaDee Flats 4x4 show | Facebook

Those Guys Off Road, Grand Krawlers Off-Road, JeepTubes.com and Hard Notched Customs have teamed up to hold an event to help raise funds for the first legal 4x4 trail system in the MT Hood National Forest. In addition to raising funds for the trails, we also want to help put a smile on some kids faces this Christmas by delivering a ton of toys from the 4x4 world to Toys for Tots.

So come on out, raise some funds for the trails, bring a toy for the kids, and show us your mad flex! We'll have an RTI Ramp, a teeter totter, a DJ, a Halloween costume contest, games for the kids, games for the adults, some tasty grub, a raffle of a bunch of cool stuff, and an overall awesome time! So come out, have some fun, learn about the trails, and hang out with all the cool kids!

No charge for the event, but a suggested $10 donation would be much appreciated. Raffle tickets will be a buck a piece. Please bring a new unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tot's drive.
Jeep_zj93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.