Dunefest 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Dunefest 2012

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
oldguystj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dunefest 2012

I will be camping at Honeyman State Park July 30-August 3 and would like to meet up with some locals to show me some good trails in the area. It would be cool to hook up with some experienced guys on the dunes also. I am from Langley B.C.
Thanx Daryl

oldguystj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
lortsie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You do know that Honeyman doesn't have direct dune access then right? Not a huge deal, you can just go back up to South Jetty day use, but I just wanted to clarify so you weren't disappointed. I may be there, but wouldn't be in a Jeep. Dunefest is always a blast though!
lortsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
oldguystj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yes I now about access...Not a big deal, I wanted full hookups for my camper
Daryl
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
fiveohwblow

I usually go to dunefest, but not wheelin in a rig, just take the quads.... always wanted to go out in the Jeeps I see buzzin around
fiveohwblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not too sure about any actual wheeling trails around there, but there is some Forest Service roads East of town. North Fork of the Siuslaw River has lots of roads and a couple campgrounds. You can head east and go through the Coast Range towards Monroe/ Eugene area or head more NE towards Alsea River. As far as the Dunes, there is some trails on the tree islands that you can take. they are under the trees and get you out of the wind. There is also some trails towards the beach. Coast Guard Road runs North/South and is a few miles long. There is a few trails through the trees and low dunes east of the beach on the North End. Lots of whoops so it's slow going. Make sure you have a whip with a flag and a permit or you could get a hefty fine. Just stop in at either the Sportsman or the Yamaha shop and they can hook you up.
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

What permit is required. I have a Oregon ATV sticker, along with a NW forest pass, plus a WA discover pass, and a nat parks pass. Getting a little tired of buying all these passes to use PUBLIC land

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Noplainsdrifter
1974 CJ5 

Your Oregon ATV sticker willl cover it, but you do need a flag for the dunes.

Here is a site I found that could help.
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_g...egon_dunes.htm
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
oldguystj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help... Anyone in the Cottage Grove area? We are staying in town for the weekend and would be interested in wheeling.
Daryl
Unread 07-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Mcgrew trail down there is pretty good. I think Benderff lives down that way.
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.