Doors off question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Doors off question

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
EugeneTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Doors off question

Is it legal to drive in Oregon with no side mirrors, I can't find anything specific that says you can't.

EugeneTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
kmdaggett
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As I am moving to Oregon in a month I have the full printed version of the 2012-2013 Oregon Driver Manual. In Section 7 under Vehicle Equipment: Rearview Mirror; it says

"The driver must be able to see at least 200ft behind the vehicle at all times, and with all loads, on a straight, level road.....If a trailer or load obstructs the rear view, then outside rearview mirrors on each side of the MV are required. These mirrors need to be extended beyond the width of the trailer or load so the driver can see 200 ft behind the vehicle."

So unless you cannot see behind you with the rearview mirror, I dont see why you would need side mirrors. Hope this helps, and sorry for the lenghtly reply.
kmdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Benderff
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have been pulled over for not having a side mirror 9outside of Medford). I don't recall the wording in the ORS but you need at least on outside mirror.

I'm pretty sure I have a pair of Harley mirrors you can have for $10 if you want. I ran them for a few years.

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
EugeneTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Called OSP, they said the same thing about the rearview and sides aren't required. Phew! Thanks for the replys guys!
EugeneTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

I've been hearing from a variety of sources that you need doors on in Washington - so going doorless in OR is OK, just remember where you are if you might head up into WA.
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Benderff
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba View Post
I've been hearing from a variety of sources that you need doors on in Washington - so going doorless in OR is OK, just remember where you are if you might head up into WA.

The way the law reads in Oregon you must have doors also, but most LEO's either let it slide or don't know that.
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba
I rolled around with no doors most of last summer up near Tacoma area.

Upon review this is the only thing I could find on doors. It does not appear illegal in WA according to this reference.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37.517
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.